Bass Pro Crankin Stick is a very good rod. If it breaks, snaps or whatever you can just take it back to them for a new one. Huge pain to send rods to back to manufacturers.

It is all about personal preference...and convenience

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 11:04 am

I think I'm leaning towards the Rick clunn so I could throw deep divers that I never could , I could throw everytpe of crank bait on it not to mention I should get nice long casts

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 1:39 pm

Yea thats important. Lot of different cranks out there and they cant all be thrown on one rod.

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 1:50 pm

So on the 7'8" it says 3/8 to 1-1/2 do you guys think I can cast square bills ?

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 2:07 pm

Depends on the size of the squarebill.

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 2:09 pm

The 1.5 strike kings is the smallest I throw I think there 3 to 6 feet

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 2:13 pm

Check the weights of your favorite ones and compare them to the rods specs. If your gunna be casting around cover and to the shore you may want to consider a shorter rod.

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 2:40 pm

Rick Clunn and Skeet Reese wright and mcgill rods are terrible

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 2:50 pm

jbigun

Rick Clunn and Skeet Reese wright and mcgill rods are terrible

What problems have you had with these rods

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 2:56 pm

Ive heard great things about St croix's mojo cranking rod if its in your price range.

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 2:57 pm

Actually, believe or not, deep crankbait with long bill won't be able to cast too far.

ranger85

I think I'm leaning towards the Rick clunn so I could throw deep divers that I never could , I could throw everytpe of crank bait on it not to mention I should get nice long casts

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 3:56 pm

[quote="willy68"]Actually, believe or not, deep crankbait with long bill won't be able to cast too far.

really I thought the weight would length and snap of the rod would carry them a long way

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 5:03 pm

Some good advice here but A wise man once told me if it has someones name on it the don't buy it !! The name means they sunk more money into the rights to use the Anglers name then in to the equipment itself!
And it is sooooo true!

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 5:43 pm

It kinda sux when someone claims a product is crap but provides no rationale for their assessment. At least tell us WHY you think something is crap.

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 5:55 pm

bloomagoo

It kinda sux when someone claims a product is crap but provides no rationale for their assessment. At least tell us WHY you think something is crap.

Couldn't agree more ! Lol I've read great stuff on that rod, I have a question for you since you are a kayak fisherman do you think a 7 foot 8 inch rod to big to handle in a kayak ? Just so I don't screw myself lol

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 6:52 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links