I just ordered one of those breakers.

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:46 am

Yeah 3 batteries but you'll be trailering your boat so I'd recommend 2. 1 big main battery and a smaller second one for everything else. Ask Damon. He has a killer deal on a smaller 12v that will power everything else all day long.

Answer to everything: talk to beaver fever.

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:50 am

lol I ran 2 marine batteries all last year so i already have 2. One of them is a couple of years old so I'm thinking of getting another one. It's so close yet this snow just F'd up my whole time table. All I can do is talk. I hate it.

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:03 am

grab one from him. he has a bunch of them. i'm thinking of it as well actually. i shoveled for like 3 hours total this weekend. my area's clear while everyone else is effed. streets are still covered here but the 4wd Taco dominated.

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:10 am

Do they sell the 4wd taco at taco bell or did you have to go to a specialty shop?

Get one what from him? A battery? He has spares?

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:12 am

wish i could pick up a tacoma for a buck at a drive through. yes, get a battery from him. he has a bunch of them that he sells from time to time.

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:21 am

Does he take Amex?

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:23 am

Hahaa we actually do take Amex, Visa, and mastercard.

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Beaver Fever for all your one stop shopping

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:09 pm

you need to take a trip out to the wood shop.

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:10 pm

That sounds like a line in a horror movie

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:21 pm

[quote="shawneramone"]Does anybody use a circuit breaker between their trolling motor and battery? I just bought a new motor and as I was looking for the best price and checking every website I came across a circuit breaker. It made me think I have a fuse on my 90 dollar fishfinder but not on my trolling motor. Kinda silly. So do I just put an inline fuse or get a circuit breaker?[/q

This maybe a stupid question but, here goes.

What are you protecting from with the use of a circuit breaker?
In other words, what damage can happen & how if you don't?

Cause I don't have any circuit breakers.

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:19 pm

If there's an overload it could damage the motor, melt the wires, and possibly blow up your battery.

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:31 pm

I have the Walmart type and it works great. It has tripped a couple times when I was plowing through some thick weeds. Seems to be spot on for the trip point.

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:40 pm

The breaker is there to protect the circuit board. You really don't need one on hand controls because the wires will melt before the breaker would pop. BUT it can't hurt and all the manufacturers require it for their warranty. I will take a little bit of insurance for the $5 part. The minn kota power center is the best battery box for toppers.

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:21 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links