Yup being a single dad CHEAP is key!!
For the cost of the Marinco breaker, which I almost made the mistake of buying, I was able to buy the breaker, cheap battery box, and almost have enough left over to buy the actual battery I run!!
For those of you that think you NEED to buy a big fancy circuit breaker, go ahead, but I hate to "break" it to you but A BREAKER IS A BREAKER, all it does is disengage power in the event of a surge above its rated amps, nothing else, buy the cheapest you can and save your money!!!

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:45 am

Did you buy the battery box that just holds the battery or does it connect up like Sam's?

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:32 am

samf

get the minn kota power station. less wiring to have to do, built in manual breaker, battery meter, and 2 12 volt accessory plugs. i'd recommend it for the beaver fever mod.

based on the simple wiring i had done one of those plugs will act as the back up for the livewell since the power plug is cigarette lighter style

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Minn_Kota_Trolling_Motor_Power_Center/descpage-MKTMPC.html

I have to admit that a pretty good deal

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:03 am

BREAKER ONE NINE BREAKER ONE NINE

YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAW WE GOT US A CONVOY HERE!!!!

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:18 am

shawneramone

BREAKER ONE NINE BREAKER ONE NINE

YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAW WE GOT US A CONVOY HERE!!!!

Come again breaker, your breaking up...need confirmation on your handle and your 20, I repeat your handle and your 20..over

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:41 am

This is Bassasin's...I've got a smokey at my back door you sum b*tch. OVER

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:44 am

shawneramone

This is Bassasin's...I've got a smokey at my back door you sum b*tch. OVER

Roger that Bassasin, this is Snowman , Fred just pissed on the front seat , you are gonna have to protect your "back door" from that "smokey" didn't know you were into that kinky s***...over

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:49 am

DAMMIT FRED!!!!

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:51 am

Junior get in the car....

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:52 am

When we get home I'm gonna punch your momma right in the mouth

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:56 am

i got the box to make it easier to haul a 56 lb. battery up and down my apartment stairs. the built in breaker and two 12v outlets are a random added bonus now with my livewell setup. i've used the battery meter a few times. it's not an exact charge or science but will tell you whether or not to break the paddles out. the strap is attached to the boat itself so the battery will sit balanced in the middle and won't slide around. it protects everything from the rain too. i never really anticipated it, but the box made things a hell of a lot easier in the end.

you can also find the thing cheaper that list price or during a sale of course.

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:03 am

What's that smaller box next to it?

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:20 am

12ah lawn mower style battery that runs my livewell. the battery box is a $1 Sterilite plastic box from Walmart. perfect fit.

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:23 am

Oh ya I remember talking about that battery. I gotta get one. So you have the TM battery, a livewell battery and a FF battery.

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:25 am

I bought a cheap battery box from Wallymart and Damon used the breaker he said; don't mind the friggen gay snow, my stupid tarp blew up at some point during winter storm isuckalot. ps i just want to fish.

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:44 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links