shawneramone

sinista

shawneramone

I like the spider wire. 50# on my flippin stick. Never any trouble.

Mono on my topwater and cranking rods...need that stretch here.

Nah just horse em in, rip the hooks right out of there mouth if they are big enough they'll hold on!!

From their mouth to my fingers. No thanks

Ahahahahahahaaa!!!!! ya that sucked

Posted Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:03 am

50 lb flouro will tow your car around I like 60lb power pro yellow and so dont the Salmon up at Lake Ontario!!!

Posted Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:29 am

edit: this is my first year using braid and I used spiderwire braid for the first 2 or 3 weeks of the season. I absolutely hated the feel of it and almost gave upon braid. Luckily I decided to try power pro.

I use moss green Power Pro on all of my setups (#10, #20 and #50). I like how it casts, it's super sensitive and has hardly any memory. I only have a few set ups and I like the security of having a braid on there for when the situation calls for it, so I will tie on a mono or flouro leader when I'm fishing different styles (ie want/need stretch, clear water, sinking vs floating)

Hope this helps!

Last edited by mattn1387 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:31 am

muskiebigfish

50 lb flouro will tow your car around I like 60lb power pro yellow and so dont the Salmon up at Lake Ontario!!!

how does 50# fluoro cast?

Posted Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:46 am

its heavy and sinks straight to the bottom We use it as leaders with the 60lb Yellow power pro. We also use 15lb Flouro The carp dont like it too much The Flouro has a different feel to it and not good in weedie areas But for ice fishing as a leader for Pike, all day long.

Posted Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:56 am

muskiebigfish

its heavy and sinks straight to the bottom We use it as leaders with the 60lb Yellow power pro. We also use 15lb Flouro The carp dont like it too much The Flouro has a different feel to it and not good in weedie areas But for ice fishing as a leader for Pike, all day long.

He said ICE FISHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:08 pm

That is correct JWall I expect that our paths will cross this winter. hahahahahahha You hear that auger in the back ground

Posted Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:23 pm

muskiebigfish

That is correct JWall I expect that our paths will cross this winter. hahahahahahha You hear that auger in the back ground

Music to my ears Cool

BTW i use suffix 832 braid on my frog rods and flipping stick.
Co-polymer on other

Posted Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:51 pm

tommyboy

jcotier

Braid is pretty terrible in general. I would stick with mono.

Huh? Question

Braid is terrible? Really?

Yea nothing better about it that good mono cant do.

Posted Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:42 pm

it's all in what you like to throw, I use a lot of braid, I have even used the invisa braid and actually like it. I use original black spider wire sometimes too.

I have used mono as well for other things, tied my x-mas tree back so the dogs don't knock it over, lol
mono works just fine for fishing, has been working for years

Posted Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:48 pm

jwall046

muskiebigfish

What the hell is Ice Fishing????

Posted Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:49 pm

sinista

jwall046

muskiebigfish

What the hell is Ice Fishing????

you'll see soon Very Happy

Last edited by jwall046 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:06 pm

We like to call it Ice Catching hahhahahaha

Posted Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:14 pm

last year i used power pro, and this season at Bass Pro i got talked into buying the Sufix 832 advanced superline and its awesome. id buy it again and again. For all you power Pro guys, you should give it a shot.

Posted Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:22 pm

832 is great for punching and jigs. I founds it too stiff for other techniques. Sunline is by far the best. I can say Ive tried practically every brand of braid and everytime I use sunline I am more impressed each time! Well worth the extra money!

Posted Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:48 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links