I have definite plans on being there Friday.
Johnny lets get the permit for South pond because i guarantee larger boats like sheep lover will not be able to launch at North pond.
The gate to North is open and we all can still meet and weigh at North Pond ramp as planned.
I know they close the gate between north/south but it's mostly when water is moving into south. I will try and contact the proper authority to make sure we don't get locked out.

I'm going to try my best at making all information known upfront guys.Just keep looking for updates

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 am

Happy hookers are in

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:46 am

Ok now I'll say my peace, and be done with this post till tournament time, Jay and I in his 20 footer with 200 HP were here 10 days ago, we not only got off the trailer but made it through the culvert to South Pond with close to 3 feet of water below us, Chuck was out there the same day and launched his boat alone with no reported problems.

Worst case is you sink your exhaust tips under water while launching the ramp is enough of a decline that water is not going to make it up to anywhere that may damage your vehicle

If the gate to south is closed we fish Quaboag itself and the 9 F#$%ing miles of river and make the best of it!

We will not be the first or the last tournament here that has experienced these types of problems

THANK YOU

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:55 am

well I have never been there and won't be in the near future.
so it was brought up that it is so low that a few boats had some trouble. that being said I will not be responsible for guys driving two hours and boats being damaged because we werent paying attention.
fish on bro!

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:31 pm

ABA District 36 had a tournament there last sunday...Everyone got in an out of the water just fine. It's just like fishing any predominatly shallow lake in the hot summer months. The water is low so you have to watch what your doing

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:44 pm

I know the post sounded harsh Johnny but heres my reasoning.

Whats good for the Goose is not always good for the Gander, meaning just because one guy launches doesnt mean everyone will, some guys will get there and not even get out of the truck and base whether or not they can launch by the guy before them.

The only way we will know is if we show up and try, and of course everyone is responsible for themselves

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:44 pm

If you guys put in at the quaboag ramp, there is a pole in the corner of the parking lot. There is usually a red drift sock type flag flying on it if the gate is open to south pond

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:47 pm

bobpuge

ABA District 36 had a tournament there last sunday...Everyone got in an out of the water just fine. It's just like fishing any predominatly shallow lake in the hot summer months. The water is low so you have to watch what your doing

Thank You

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:50 pm

which is why we are trying to get as much info as possible to the geese, lol

thank you bob

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:57 pm

7/21/12 American Couples Series Massachusetts Div 12 - Quaboag Pond.

Someone will be there on Saturday. It can be a tough Sunday. I am still thinking to be in or not to be in...when and where is the next next tourny?

Thanks.

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:08 pm

Summer tournament starts at 6 AM is better than 7 AM. Just my two cents.

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:11 pm

I just talked to Dan and hes fairly certain if most 20' boats can launch, he will be fine...that Bullet can launch on a wet sponge, my Gambler not so much. So, unless it's changed or moved, Dan and i will be. Bring on the Boag'...

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:36 pm

I had no problems what so ever launching there a week and a half ago.
As for getting into South Pond, It's much more difficult to get into South pond at Lake Cochituate.

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Hey all i have a open set for this week end Quaboag pond tournament im new sow be gentle

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:55 pm

Why not now is in

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:21 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links