That's pretty interesting. 12 volts is the same as a marine battery. I imagine you could run the aerator and electronics of it.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:26 am

I've seen people use motorcycle batteries as well. Keep in mind, some aerators have foam filters that tend to clog up and slow down the pump. It also puts more strain on battery when clogged. It will act like the battery is dieing when in fact the filter just needs to be cleaned. Just my 2 cents

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:44 am

kman

I've seen people use motorcycle batteries as well. Keep in mind, some aerators have foam filters that tend to clog up and slow down the pump. It also puts more strain on battery when clogged. It will act like the battery is dieing when in fact the filter just needs to be cleaned. Just my 2 cents

Excellent Point I experienced that 2 weeks ago for the first time, I had just hooked up my second battery and thought I forgot to charge it, started panicking until I checked the filter, CLOGGED UP!

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:17 pm

Yeah it's good to clean them out every few times you use it.Garden hose and a good hand squeezing should do the trick.You can remove them but some times you might get a piece of sand that will impede your impeller.If that happens you just take the cover off and spin it by hand a couple of times and should be good.If your new at this game make sure you keep the water cool,ice packs or frozen water bottles work very well.Make sure your livewell is big enough to hold five fish.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:34 pm

Cmon Ladies 7 Spots Left!!

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:48 pm

I would be there but i will be away this weekend....I will be at the BOG in 2 weeks!!!

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:54 pm

Still working the wife.... Wink

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:06 pm

tommyboy

HEY NOW!!!

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:13 pm

7 spots left, Ill tell you this, this place fishes better than the Bog, Im curious to see how many sign up for that next week, I know i'll be there

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:22 pm

sinista

7 spots left, Ill tell you this, this place fishes better than the Bog, Im curious to see how many sign up for that next week, I know i'll be there

Bog.....wouldn't waste my time going to that place. That place is a *#$^ hole.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:38 pm

Tommyboy just show the wife who's boss and sign up. I have a tent you can pitch in my backyard if it doesn't go so well.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:46 pm

WOW!
5 pages of posts on this event and only 8 boats signed up.
That's not going to be much of a payout to ME.
Where's the love.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:31 pm

The show goes on regardless of how many sign up, just make sure if you signed up you show up! Don't leave us hanging at the ramp. If we only have 8 we will pay out 2 places and lunker.......Everybody Be There!

7 spots left

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:01 am

7 more spots! I'm a little upset that the regulars who show up every week have not even hit up the post. I know people have lives and familes and obligations bit a simple " we can't make it" would be nice especially considering the hoops Jay jumped through to get the permit. Despite it not being a really publicized fishery it really is a great place, pets at least try to get 10 boats come on guys

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:12 am

johnnybag-a-bass

tommyboy

HEY NOW!!!

Keep this clean! I wasn't going there.

Maybe I should Very Happy

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:22 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links