fishingreek

As always great Tourney! Thanks Justin!

Not so good of a day for us Sad . We were still ridding the high of Upper Mystic, with our first limit. Alex & I felt confident going to Boone. But, I was a little nervous with what happen to us there last year. It turned out to be a repeat. When I saw everyone tying on frogs, I thought good looks like I'm on the track. First cast I hook a short fish on the pads & that was it for the rest of the day on the frog. After reading posts about Boone, it looked like a lot of fish were coming off docks? Tried brush hog, chigger craw, senkos & spinnerbait down the side of docks with nothing? Also, tried backing off the shore fishing a little deeper, which is where we caught are only keeper & where Alex lost his fish on a crankbait. Not used to fishing docks, maybe that was hurt us?

If anyone can give us some pointers, that would be awesome. Not asking for tips or special spots (know this a tourney lake so, wanna keep it to yourself). We just trying to learn from our mistakes & become better anglers.

We did have fun & in the end that's what matters. Also, if it cost me $50 & I got to fish with my son some place new & didn't have to listen to the wife b**** " when are you coming home?" it was worth it !! HA!HA!

Congrats to the all the money teams! Landlords did it again! Nice fish Mark!

We didn't spend too much time on the main lake but had no luck on the docks when we did. I said it before that I envy you for getting to fish with your son. I have a 13 year old that doesn't have any real interest in fishing. He's gone a couple of times but doesn't last more than an hour. Stay patient and keep at it.

Posted Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:28 pm

As always, great tourney. Thanks Justin for ALL your hard work.

Congrats to the Landlords, and those who placed.

The arrogance showed up and laid an egg, which is becoming a theme for 2011. We tossed mostly senkos and frogs...we didnt hit the main lake, but hit every possible corner of each cove...Or goal was to not spend TOO long in a spot if it wasnt hitting. The morning was flat our beautiful and ideal for fishing, or so we thought. Clouds, Fog, and coming off of 4 staright days of rain!!! I mean how could we go wrong??

Well we only had 2 fish in the boat at 10:30..went ice cold until about 12:30, then Valps pulled in a fish and I pulled in 3 more. Nothing big, but still, too little too late.

We came up short, but it certainly wasnt for lack of effort. And its not like we were missing strikes. We were getting no hits for 3/4 of the day, which is very strange for Boone.

One thing is for sure, even in defeat, we spread pure arrogance!!! A slow day on the lake, beats a bay at home, thats for damn sure!

See you boys at in 2 weeks

Posted Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:34 pm

Thanks Guys!
I'm not worried about the money or placing. I was more frustrated about not catchin any fish. From what you guys posted it sound like I need to work on fishing docks & getting out to different bodies of water. Also, I need to learn how to skip lures under docks. As far as giving up. NEVER! This way too much fun, I get such a rush when I hook into a LUNKER. But, you guys know what I'm talkin about Wink !

Posted Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:43 pm

Of course we do and hooking a 2lber in a tourney is like A 3 TO 4LBER ON A REGULAR DAY.AND THATS WHY WE ALL LOVE THIS GROUP EVERY GUY IS HELPFUL TO THE NEXT AND THAT'S WHY MAFF DOMINATES ANY OTHER STATE INCLUDING OUR OWN HA HA

GREAT ADVICE GUYS AND THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR LURES AND INPUT.

NO MATTER WHAT YOU USE YOU STILL HAVE TO GET THEM IN THE BOAT RIGHT!!!!

EVEN THE NEW TEAMS THAT COME IN ARE GREAT GUYS !!

SEE YA'S SOON BE SAFE FOR THE 4TH

OH YEAH MIGHT BE HITTING JOHN'S POND EARLY SAT IF ANYONE WANTS TO VISIT A LIL SMOKE ON THE WATER LOL

Posted Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:32 pm

anyone fishing this sunday?WHEN AND WHERE,big boats preffered.

Posted Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:02 pm

smokecity

Of course we do and hooking a 2lber in a tourney is like A 3 TO 4LBER ON A REGULAR DAY.AND THATS WHY WE ALL LOVE THIS GROUP EVERY GUY IS HELPFUL TO THE NEXT AND THAT'S WHY MAFF DOMINATES ANY OTHER STATE INCLUDING OUR OWN HA HA

GREAT ADVICE GUYS AND THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR LURES AND INPUT.

NO MATTER WHAT YOU USE YOU STILL HAVE TO GET THEM IN THE BOAT RIGHT!!!!

EVEN THE NEW TEAMS THAT COME IN ARE GREAT GUYS !!

SEE YA'S SOON BE SAFE FOR THE 4TH

OH YEAH MIGHT BE HITTING JOHN'S POND EARLY SAT IF ANYONE WANTS TO VISIT A LIL SMOKE ON THE WATER LOL

Hitting the Cape on 4th of July weekend? You're a braver (or crazier!) man than I =)

Good luck there. John's Pond is pretty good I hear, but the parking and launch there is quirky. Make sure you get there early.

Posted Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:05 pm

It was nice seeing everyone again on sunday. Congrats to the Landlords and that 5.1 HAWG. Hopefully we will be able to make monponsett!

Posted Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:56 pm

yeah mark nice fish and congrats to everyone!

Posted Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:03 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links