It's usually rain or shine, unless it's hurricane conditions, but Smokecity can confirm that one.

Hey, where are the Arrogant Anglers? We went to your home lake (and beat you might I add Wink ). How about trying to return the favor and coming to ours now? Even though it can be tough at times, there are some legendary hogs in the Upper Mystics!

This would be a nice easy launch for you guys in the canoe! Will be for most cartoppers. Just slide your boat in the water, have a rope tied to it, walk it 20-30 feet or so to the dock and step right in. I'm gonna try to be there for support in the morning and will help anyone launch who needs it.

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:47 pm

thanks pocketfisherman. i don't mind fishing in the rain.

if this event was going to be canceled then i'd probably go hard saltwater on saturday instead. catch some stripers while they're here!

can't wait to participate in my first mafishfinder tourney!

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Ok so one last question, is there at least parking for trailers at this ramp? I know the ramp itself is apparently a wee bit snaffued. If thats the case and since I have to take my gas motor off anyways, so carrying the jon boat to the water wont be so bad! Just need a place to park the trailer! Thanks again guys!!

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:32 pm

there will be room for your trailer

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:44 pm

Excellent Thanks again for the info.

Smoke put Team Beaver Fever on the list, Dan can't make it but I have an alternate so we will put in a showing. Looking forward to Sunday never been here before so it should be interesting!! See everyone then!

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Awesome! The more the better!!
Roger I was just thinking the same thing!
WHERE ARE THE Arrogant Anglers?
Was looking forward to some smack talkin! LOL!

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:31 pm

wish i could make it as well. i'll be passing by on the way to attitash though for a club tournament. good luck guys.

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:41 pm

ALL TOURNEYS ARE RAIN OR SHINE UNLESS STATED!!!THIS IS A CARTOPPER TOURNEY THO NO BIG BOATS TO BE FAIR TO EVERYONE .SMALL TRAILER BOATS ARE FINE PELICAN,CANOES,CRAWDAD,SMALL JOHN BOATS BUT NO BASS BOATS!!!!JUST TO MAKE IT EVEN AND KEEP IT A CARTOPPER.I WOULD LOVE TO ADD BEAVER FEVER AS LONG AS IT'S A SMALLER BOAT(JUST TO KEEP IT MORE EVEN) IF I LET ONE BASS BOAT IN WOULDN'T BE FAIR TO THE REST AND ALSO THE PARKING CAN BE PROBLEMS IN SOME OF OUR LAKES AND PONDS. SO LET ME KNOW IF IT'S A SMALL BOAT JUST WANNA BE FAIR TO EVERYONE.

DOES EVERYONE AGREE WITH THIS???
JUST WANT EVERYONE ON THE SAME PAGE

THIS CARTOPPER IS ELECTRIC ONLY!!!!!

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:56 pm

Smokecity

As much as i would like to fish the cartoppers in my bass boat i think you're making the right call by keeping it car top only. Don't count the Hookers out we're working on securing a car top boat.

Good Luck All ( hope the weather cooperates)

Ed
Happy Hookers

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:52 pm

Smoke,
I run in a Tracker 1436 Jon Boat, it has been outfitted similiar to a bass boat with forward and rear decks. You can see pics of it in my photos. It can be carried off the trailer if i empty the gear out of it. I will be running with a bow mount trolling motor and a transom mount as well. Hope this doesn't disqualify me and Team Beaver Fever can attend! Let me know guys!

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:00 pm

I will be absent on this trip,good luck and stay safe!

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:19 am

no if you come with the jon boat trolling only will be fine i think!!!

IS THAT GOOD WITH EVERYONE???

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:03 pm

I think all the car toppers should be electric only. Its about managing power and not being able to zip in with a gas motor. At the Mystics they will race at you with a gas powered boat to yell at you for using a gas powered boat. They have gas boats out there for safety reasons for the 2 sailing clubs that are on the lake.

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:30 pm

So does that mean Beaver Fever can attend, looks like another rainy MAFF Tourney day, every one I've fished in so far has rained why stop now!!! Let me know and put us on the list if everyone is alright with it. Hopefully see you all tomorrow!

Posted Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:08 am

I'm Ok with electric only. Beaver Fever, your jon boat is consider a cartopper model. You just decked it out. Again, the Upper Mystic is an electric only lake. So, you really can't use a gas motor.

I stopped at the boat launch last night on my way home from work.
Good news is the gates have been taken down & the ramp is open!
But, it looks like their repaving the surface. So, the ramp is in ruff shape. For cartoppers it should do the job.

Lets hope the rain holds off! Good luck to everyone!

Posted Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:18 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links