Bassasin's are in

Posted Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:45 am

fishingreek

Team BASS TUB are in!
Been practicing last couple of weeks, tuff lake to fish.
Memorial day weekend ramp was open. But, yesterday ramp was closed again? There are a coupe of spots to launch cartoppers, let us know where you wanna launch from. See you guys Sunday!!

Hey Justin, I owe you for 2 t shirts too. How much is that? Will you have them with you?

OK gents, I called the DCR and asked why the ramp was closed this week, after I personally saw it open and launched from it last weekend. The person who answered the phone and actually sounded like he knew what he was talking about, said the ramp will be open on weekends only, until the construction work is complete. He did not have a time frame he could give me for completion of the project, but it looks as though we'll be ok for the Cartopper Tourney on Sunday! That's what they told me, so go get em boys!

Posted Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:26 pm

Pocketfisherman thanks for the update on the ramp. I was not looking forward to carrying my jon boat.

Posted Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:43 pm

thanks for the info bro! you the man
i might see everyone sunday morning too, not sure yet

Posted Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:57 pm

I'm still nervous, because the DCR is....well the DCR and have known to be "the blind leading the blind" at times.

But the ramp was open two weeks ago and this past weekend, so what I was told looks to be true. Happy fishing Go Fish and keeping fingers crossed!

Posted Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:55 pm

Kman has emailed the DCR also. Lets see if he gets the same info.
I tried calling yesterday but, that dept was closed for the day. I'll try again tomorrow to see if we all get the same story.

I also have a 2 wheeler that everyone can use, if it comes to that?
But, like Roger said lets keep our fingers crossed!

Posted Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:08 pm

pocketfisherman

I'm still nervous, because the DCR is....well the DCR and have known to be "the blind leading the blind" at times.

But the ramp was open two weeks ago and this past weekend, so what I was told looks to be true. Happy fishing Go Fish and keeping fingers crossed!

Meant to say two and three weekends ago. I didn't get there this past weekend and was pm'd that it was closed then. Keeping fingers and toes crossed still and hoping what they said holds true. Either way, there are ways into the water, they just aren't as easy. The DCR boat ramp info number is 617-727-5380 for anyone interested.

Posted Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:30 pm

i know i can google search directions,but if ou guy's have tips or short cuts from rt.3 north out o rockland please reply.thanks

Posted Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:36 pm

As mentioned before, they are working on the bridges in the Medford area of 93 on weekends only, so the exits in that area are closed, which happens to be the closest ones to the lake. I would try to going rt3 to 90 and going through Cambridge over near Fresh Pond - Rt 2/3/16 Take a look on google and you should be able to see the route...at the time of the morning there won't be an traffic.

Posted Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:23 pm

ok thanks

Posted Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:36 pm

here is the location of the launch, go to google maps and enter these numbers in the search ........

42.431091,-71.147375

The green arrow is the launch area. The Lake is off Mystic Valley Parkway.

Posted Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:02 pm

One half of Team Beaver Fever may be able to attend. Just a quick question as I have never been to this place before. Is this a true "cartopper" or do they have a launch with available trailer parking. My jon boat is still "packable" just not the easiest thing to carry anymore, would much rather just back it in!
Secondly, is there a horsepower limit on this pond or is my 8Hp ok. Thanks in advance guys!! Hopefully can make it, I believe I have found an alternate partner as Dan is busy this weekend, but I may need a partner if my alternate cancels! Lets all hope for good weather!!

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:49 am

Its an electric only lake. There is a small crappy boat launch @ the dam that separates upper & lower lake. There has been some question on if the ramp will be open because of construction (scroll up & read earlier posts)? Hope you can make it!

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:28 am

I was there Tuesday. There's a big piece of concrete missing on the ramp that would make it hard for trailers unless they fixed it. There was a guy there that said the gate was coming down Friday so I assume they would have the concrete poured. There was another area just as you come thru the gate that needed to be done too. I believe that Upper Mystic allows electric motors only.

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:30 am

tentatively the weather sites seem to predict somewhere from 20-60% chance of rain/thunderstorms on sunday. is this event rain or shine?

Posted Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:44 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links