khaskins

which ramp are we launching from at webster lake?the town ramp or the state ramp?i have never been to the state ramp but the town ramp is huge.you can drop three boats at a time with a huge parking lot.i'll check out the state ramp and let you know.

If I had to guess, we are probably permitted for the State Ramp which hold about 15 rigs snug. Looks like there is a charity tourney being run out of the town ramp that day as well, so we wont be alone. If I recall, big motors cant be turned on until 7am per the town, and they are ball breakers from what ive heard. also gotta get there early to make sure we get everyone parked. Its a public ramp, so Trout guys go out of that ramp and will take up spots if we dont get them first. probably wouldnt plan on being there any later then 530am-6am.

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:38 pm

that means leave the house at 3:00 am.! alrighty

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:43 pm

I heard from Dan (beaver fever) that the big ramp which from the sounds of it is the town ramp has a 40$ parking fee but I don't think that is a factor after labor day not 100% sure though, if its not we should def. Launch from there its huge

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:14 pm

You also need a one or two million dollar liability policy to use the town ramp facility for a bass tourney. John is correct about the town being ball busters. Only a couple of charity events per year get to use the town ramp.

See everyone at the state ramp bright and early on T day. Very Happy

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:24 pm

http://websterlakeassociation.org/htmlpages/Beach-Ramps.html#

You guys may want to have a look at this. The smaller of the two ramps (state ramp) is free but has a 25 HP restriction on launching there. The town ramp has a fee for use and I didn't see anything indicating the fee ends after labor day.

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:11 pm

sinista

http://websterlakeassociation.org/htmlpages/Beach-Ramps.html#

You guys may want to have a look at this. The smaller of the two ramps (state ramp) is free but has a 25 HP restriction on launching there. The town ramp has a fee for use and I didn't see anything indicating the fee ends after labor day.

The Town of Webster has no authority over the state ramp. Ive done a handful of tourneys out of that ramp. No HP restriction in place, full size rigs with 250hp launch with no issues. They wouldnt issue a permit to us or to Bass Clubs for that ramp if there was a HP restriction. I think its the lakeassoc./towns way of trying to keep out of towners off the lake.

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:23 pm

Was there earlier this year and saw plenty of big hp rigs going out of the state ramp so I wouldn't worry about that. Didn't know about the town ramp insurance thing but that makes plenty of sense. I would say that people could just launch out of the town ramp and weigh in at the middle pond or south pond but thats a long drive. Lets do state ramp, since its small and we may not get everyone out until 645 we could just run the tourney (last one of the year!) until 3pm. We probably wont get blown off the water with jet skis and power boats on Oct 16th either. We have plenty of time to figure it out.

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:01 pm

i don't think there's any HP restriction. a lot of guys in my club have big boats with big motors and it wasn't a problem. we launched from the state ramp. it's just a small lot without a lot of room to move around.

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:09 am

i've been to the town ramp in october.no collection for parking,but if theres another tourney there let's go to the state ramp.i've also been to the town ramp in july,opens the gate at 7 and charges per axle.i paid $35.00 to park my trailer.i had no idea there was a state ramp also.thats what you get for doing proper research.

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:49 pm

Johnny---Smoke---
I went to Memorial Beach this morning---'guessin half of you left from the other launch & I was a little late & said "I missed these guys twice this year WTF---oh well ---KARMA---next season ----I feel like I know you guys sight unseen anyways .COOL DUDES WITH NO 'TUDES'...I joined this site in June w/ ZERO expectations...hell I was just getting back to inland style fishing anyways right...and I found MAFF by accident when I was on GoogleEarth plotting a trip to The Quabaog River and BOOM ! here's all of you guys SERIOUSLY fishing you asses off...I'M INTO THIS s***!
---------Without leaving anyone else on the circuit out----Special Thanks to Damon "Beaver-Fever" for takin' me(no-s***) to fishing school...& JayWalls(What's For Lunch)for my Quaboag/Quabbin connection...and PROPER thanks to Richie"Sratos" and ma man Niel"Sinista" for lettin me cop some AWESOME ideas for when I do finally get my "topper" in the spring...and I'd be a loser if I didn't thank---
Guys like Chuck"Landlords" and John"Angry Meat" for givin' us ALL something to shoot for next season !---'Feel like I've come to know you guys through MAFF with all the GREAT HELP you all gave me -SIGHT UNSEEN---No dis' to anyone I forgot or just haven't chatted with...I know the top 15 teams are THE REAL DEAL as well---I can't wait until next season and look forward to fishin' with you all
thanks again for everything FISH ON !

Dave From Wista Go Fish

Posted Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:55 am

RIVERRAT WE ARE GOING TO BE AT MEMORIAL BEACH FOR THE FINAL!!!NOT THIS SUNDAY COMING BUT THE ONE AFTER THE 16TH I THINK IT IS!!IF YOU WANNA MEET SOME OF THE GUYS THATS WHERE WE WILL BE BRO.

SMOKE

Posted Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:40 pm

Picture and autograph session to follow shortly afterwards. C'mon, I thought that was funny!

Posted Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:57 pm

pocketfisherman

Picture and autograph session to follow shortly afterwards. C'mon, I thought that was funny!

Too Funny! I already got my presigned pictures to pass out!

Posted Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:28 pm

pocketfisherman

hahahahaha That's awesome. I love gettin my picture took

Posted Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:11 pm

sinista

pocketfisherman

Too Funny! I already got my presigned pictures to pass out!

Neil, I saw this in the store the other day and obviously thought of you bro! I picture you wearing it while ice fishing or something. Very Happy

[/img]

Posted Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:44 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links