I had my boat winterized and stored last year. I really wasn't comfortable with it being out of my sight for the season so i'm going to store at my house like usual.
So anyway, What do you guys do with the live-wells? I was thinking of just using the RV antifreeze and filling the lines?

Posted Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:51 am

i clean mine really good plus gaslines, tank and engine, put some dryersheets in all four sorners and storage so no mice go in there - also give her a kiss - but the livewell?

i m not sure how to get the antifreeze out next season so nothing in there dies caused by the harsh chemicals

Posted Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:59 pm

Tell your wife she has to park in the driveway this winter, should be some heat in the garage Smile

Posted Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:37 pm

Ted that's funny, I park my Jon boat in the garage and the wife and I park in the driveway. Does that sound norml?

Posted Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:08 pm

RV antifreeze is non-toxic, but I would still take the boat out in the spring and flush and recirculate the livewell before any fish go in it.

To winterize the lines dump about a half gallon in the livewell and recirculate the antifreeze so it goes through the pump. Then I would pour some in the bilge and pump it out with the bilge pump. You just want to make sure there is no water in the pumps so they dont explode during the winter.

Posted Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:56 pm

that with the bilge pump is a good idea - and yes boat in the garage cars in the driveway same here

Shocked

Posted Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:53 am

rokibass

Ted that's funny, I park my Jon boat in the garage and the wife and I park in the driveway. Does that sound norml?

I'm tryin' t' figure out if it'd be allright to leave the ol' lady in the driveway and take the boat in the house hahahahahahahaa--probably a GOOD THING she NEVER reads my posts here or she'd cut me off when I DO try to buy a boat

Posted Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:07 am

I've owned a bass boat of some kind for over 20 years. Never have I put any antifreeze in the livewells. Just leave the plugs out and gravity should take care of any water in the lines.

Posted Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:50 am

Funny guys and thanks for the info too. Boat doesn't fit in garage and be able to close the door . Someday i might be able to buy/build something to keep boat under year round.

Posted Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:01 am

I know a guy that could help you out with that, Jay...I work cheap, just throw a few beers in the fridge Smile

Posted Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:36 pm

volume4130

I know a guy that could help you out with that, Jay...I work cheap, just throw a few beers in the fridge Smile

Will work for beer! Awesome.

Posted Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:47 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links