That's awesome!
I still cant catch a fish on those!
Any advice would be great.

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:39 am

jwall046

That's awesome!

You need advice?? Ok here goes, first you have to throw a crankbait, thats the bait with the two treble hooks on it, not the one with the skirt you drag on the bottom, LMAO

2nd throw it, and throw it, and throw it, when all else fails throw it some more, as long as its hitting the bottom you cant go wrong!!!!

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:07 pm

sinista

jwall046

That's awesome!

You need advice?? Ok here goes, first you have to throw a crankbait, thats the bait with the two treble hooks on it, not the one with the skirt you drag on the bottom, LMAO

2nd throw it, and throw it, and throw it, when all else fails throw it some more, as long as its hitting the bottom you cant go wrong!!!!

LOL Ya Jay. 5 casts doesn't count as fishing

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:26 pm

thanks for the info everyone! I have a 6'6'' med abu garcia veritas that i think should do the trick, tho a 7ft med would probably be more ideal.

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:56 pm

shawneramone

sinista

jwall046

That's awesome!

(says to himself while bait is in the air) "these things dont catch fish, retrieves lure, store rod in rod locker, back to the jig!!!!

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:22 pm

[quote="sinista"]
shawneramone

sinista

jwall046

That's awesome!

(says to himself while bait is in the air) "these things dont catch fish, retrieves lure, store rod in rod locker, back to the jig!!!!

You guys are funny as heck
I'm pissing myself after reading even though it's about me that's funny s*** right there.
Thats not exactly what i was looking for but point taken Cool
thanks guys

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:02 pm

[quote="jwall046"]
sinista

shawneramone

sinista

jwall046

That's awesome!

I'm pissing myself after reading even though it's about me that's funny s*** right there.
thanks guys

My last quote about says to himself while the bait is in the air is actually based on a real life person....ME that's what I say everytime I throw a lure that IS NOT 1.5 ozs and designed for punching mats, lmao truth be told I learned to fish a crank bait throwing it anywhere I could with good bottom contact and proper speed it basically can be fished anywhere unless its real mucky, don't be fooled by how deep the package says it runs, those specs are established in a controlled environment like a test tank on a specific weight and diameter line with a specific rod and reel and a cast of a specific distance, once all the variables of REEL LIFE (play on words) come into effect everything changes, I learned easiest way is to find a flat and determine depth by reading your sonar , check the factory specs of the bait, tie it on and cast it on your set up, if you are in 10 feet with a supposed 10 foot diver and the bait doesn't hit bottom, move shallower until it does, when it does make note of the depth you are in and go from there

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:15 pm

[quote="sinista"]
jwall046

sinista

shawneramone

sinista

jwall046

That's awesome!

thanks guys

My last quote about says to himself while the bait is in the air is actually based on a real life person....ME that's what I say everytime I throw a lure that IS NOT 1.5 ozs and designed for punching mats, lmao truth be told I learned to fish a crank bait throwing it anywhere I could with good bottom contact and proper speed it basically can be fished anywhere unless its real mucky, don't be fooled by how deep the package says it runs, those specs are established in a controlled environment like a test tank on a specific weight and diameter line with a specific rod and reel and a cast of a specific distance, once all the variables of REEL LIFE (play on words) come into effect everything changes, I learned easiest way is to find a flat and determine depth by reading your sonar , check the factory specs of the bait, tie it on and cast it on your set up, if you are in 10 feet with a supposed 10 foot diver and the bait doesn't hit bottom, move shallower until it does, when it does make note of the depth you are in and go from there

100% true about those depths. Lots of things like length of cast and size of and what kind of line will affect how deep the lure goes. Recently I've been using 20 foot divers in 12-15 feet and am getting nice results. Guaranteed bottom contact

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:23 pm

I see how the contact thing comes into play. But the only think i contact is muck and weeds. I rip it free and never get hit?

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:28 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links