looks like that could be it for open water fishing for me this year

Posted Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:39 pm

Me too. That sucked

Posted Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:34 pm

Is it Spring yet?

Posted Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:42 pm

Sam and Shawn - what type if bait did you use today ?

Posted Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:42 pm

all the wrong ones...crankbaits, grubs, drop shot (roboworm), blades, jigs. we tried shallow and deep from 20-80'.

Posted Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:57 pm

Went to a local tiny pond.. Usually the fishing is like shooting fish in a barrel.. Today i got the sweet smell of skunk.. Sad

Posted Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Shallow ponds are much easier to fish this time of the year. The bass stay in a year round pattern. I have been fishing a bog pond with a max depth of 10 ft. I have been catching them in 3 ft of water! The bigger and deeper the pond, the more difficult it is to find them!

Posted Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:19 pm

Those are some pics of why I personally ice fish. C'mon old man, lock that water!!!!!!

Posted Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:26 am

Chuck and I went out on Boone for a couple hours...my ramp had too much ice but surpisingly the public ramp had open water (very shallow though). It was very tough and quite uncomfortable....hands, shoulders and feet, brrrrrrr. I caught a crappie and that was it. With the 10 day forecast ahead...we may be out on the ice before the Holidays!

Posted Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:47 am

muffinman

Those are some pics of why I personally ice fish. C'mon old man, lock that water!!!!!!

Awesome photo's! Tip Up!

Posted Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:48 am

I fished with AEM yesterday at Flint Pond for Pike and Tigers. We did have 2 bites and we had to cast between the ICE!!! Eric did happen to cast a couple of Shinners on the Ice. hahahahahaha
Frozen stuck instantly hahahahaha Mr. Green

Posted Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:20 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links