jwall046

angler21

jwall046

Angler21 (Jeff) one of the best times I had was when you had that gathering at your house. I fished with Volume 4130 (Ted) for the 1st time ever. I hope we can do that again on ice or open water.

Absolutely Jay! I agree that was a great day on the water. We'll set something up in January and have a reunion on the ice.

Very Happy

Where was that? Angler21, I know you fish Lake Boone a lot, but I don't remember there being much ice in the area (I live in Maynard).

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:14 am

I love it, albeit I have only gone a handful of times but with some serious ice anglers...and these dudes did it top shelf. I compare it to a kick ass PATS tailgate on ice....complete with pond hockey, generators for TV/PATS game, grilling galore, fire pits etc, etc.
Oh, and the thrill and anticipation of chasing down a "flag up" rivals the vicious strike and fight from a fat bass while frogging pads mid Summer.
I look forward to connecting with some guys this winter to join up...we don't have the gear but will bring the beer, bait and chow.

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:21 am

i got 10 years of hardwater under my belt!!

im supper exctied for ice and hearing guys out western part of the state all ready makes my itch even worse!!!

yea theres plenty of open water but its that in between time right now thats killing me!!! hopefully old man winter hurrys his old ass up!!! I NEED SOME ICE

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:19 pm

The only ice I need is in my drink Exclamation Laughing

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:18 pm

azmlii

jwall046

angler21

jwall046

Angler21 (Jeff) one of the best times I had was when you had that gathering at your house. I fished with Volume 4130 (Ted) for the 1st time ever. I hope we can do that again on ice or open water.

Absolutely Jay! I agree that was a great day on the water. We'll set something up in January and have a reunion on the ice.

Very Happy

Where was that? Angler21, I know you fish Lake Boone a lot, but I don't remember there being much ice in the area (I live in Maynard).

Jay was referencing a late season open water outing we had a couple years ago followed by a few cold ones and some grillin'.

This will be my 4th winter on Boone and I've managed to find solid ice the first three winter seasons. My first outing in Febuary of 2011 there was 15-18 inches of ice on the entire lake! I ice fished until the last week in March. With that said 2011 into 2012 there was 5 inches max in some spots and last year we had up to 8 inches but with the warm and cold spurts the ice never truly locked in the way I would like it to. I live near the narrows- second basin that transitions into the third basin and that tends to lock up the best...even during mild winters. Let me know if you want to join in when the ice is safe.

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:25 pm

fishngolf

I love it, albeit I have only gone a handful of times but with some serious ice anglers...and these dudes did it top shelf. I compare it to a kick ass PATS tailgate on ice....complete with pond hockey, generators for TV/PATS game, grilling galore, fire pits etc, etc.
Oh, and the thrill and anticipation of chasing down a "flag up" rivals the vicious strike and fight from a fat bass while frogging pads mid Summer.
I look forward to connecting with some guys this winter to join up...we don't have the gear but will bring the beer, bait and chow.

Beer, bait and chow.....I like where your head's at! I totally agree about seeing a flag go up, you never know what's on the other end! I love running a football field's distance with the anticipation of finding a big one on the end of the line.

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:28 pm

don51

The only ice I need is in my drink Exclamation Laughing

I'm an on the rocks guy too, Don! Very Happy

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:33 pm

i get stir crazy around february. i think i'm in sometime.

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:06 pm

samf

i get stir crazy around february. i think i'm in sometime.

I said that last year and never made it. I think I ended up working the day I was really close to doing it. I think it was the day Jeff had everyone out there. Maybe this year

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:11 pm

I'd be willing to try it, but since half my income goes to fishing as it is...now I have to buy a whole new set of gear?

If I knew some guys that do it, I'd go to try it out, but none of my fishing buddies go in winter, and I'm not going to invest that kind of money in something I may or may not like.

Like others have commented, standing around a hole freezing your ass off to catch a pickerel, isn't exactly what drew me into fishing in the first place, however, I try to keep an open mind. Certainly I'd go if invited.

Posted Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:47 pm

Rich,
I'm sure with the outstanding group of guys we have on here, somebody won't hesitate to invite you out or lend you the gear to fish when it's time! It's not for me, but good luck!

Posted Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:22 pm

See for me its kinda different. I love ice fishing because it was such a family thing for me as a kid we always went ice fishing with my uncles and cousins always had a side game of hockey going venison from the past seasons kill cooking on the grill . And everytime i go out now it always brings me back to those times i had with my family. I cant wait to get out there this year.

Posted Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:17 am

Cold is coming. You guys should be happy

Posted Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:19 am

went out today for a few hours. it was awful. water reached about 41 but it was so cold i could barely cast. the guides and reel iced up nonstop.

Posted Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:17 pm

Same here sam. Got out for and hour or so today. Casting from shore. It was not fun. Lots of ice on my rod

Posted Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:59 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links