I think the front had alot to do with how the fishing was. I was on my home lake (lake pearl) and I had a great buzzbait bite going from 4am to 7am.....then it shut right off! 2 small bass on drop shot from 7-11am. Thank god the wife had to work or I would of been tortured.

Posted Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:55 am

Now imagin fishing there with a partner who fished the day before and stung all the fish and whos TM wasnt running... ninja face

Posted Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:57 am

stratos1966

Now imagin fishing there with a partner who fished the day before and stung all the fish and whos TM wasnt running... ninja face

That sucks about the trolling motor...

I don't think the tournament on Sat killed you guys on Sunday, weather did. On top of it that place isn't really that good. Although A bird did tell me that bouncing cranks off rocks in certain areas will produce a 10-15lb bag!

Posted Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:33 am

The front probably put them off guys as Tommy said.
I've seen 12-14lb bags from a few key spots.
I know someone who has been able to find em there as well Cool .
Not saying keep it on the schedule for next year though

Posted Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:40 am

tommyboy

stratos1966

I don't think the tournament on Sat killed you guys on Sunday, weather did. On top of it that place isn't really that good. Although A bird did tell me that bouncing cranks off rocks in certain areas will produce a 10-15lb bag!

Im just busting my partners chops. He caught all our fish. I got the skunk. I had my opportunities but missed the few fish I had.

Posted Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:48 am

When you look at the place it looks like a great fishery , structure everywhere , rock piles, sunken trees (wink wink bet ya wish ya knew where those were) I must have 100$ in tungsten drop shot broke off on em, I just think it get pounded so much the fish are conditioned, there like " Hell No, not again, last time I ate one of those I got thrown in a box for 8 hours and released miles from home"
Tommyboy is right , all day yesterday I said "All I need is the sun to come out and these fish are gonna more to secondary points and Ill be able to find em", with a little less than an hour left it happened, we went from 2 keepers in the first 6 hours to filling the bag with keepers in 45 minutes.

Posted Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:18 am

stratos1966

tommyboy

stratos1966

Im just busting my partners chops. He caught all our fish. I got the skunk. I had my opportunities but missed the few fish I had.

HEY RICH THIS POST OFFICIALLY MAKES ME STRIPED BASS RANK BEFORE YOU!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Posted Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:20 am

wallum is loaded with bass, I fished there a lot last year and had a few days where i caught 20 to 30 bass in 3-4 hour outings. It was easy to catch them on a drop shot and susp jerkbaits when they where hanging on the shorline rocks and drop offs but sometimes they would be stacked up out off shore suspended over the depths and would be really difficult to catch. there doesn't seem to be very many large bass in there but It definitely has a good population of bass. don't get me wrong tho, it can be really stingy

Posted Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:59 am

sinista

stratos1966

tommyboy

stratos1966

HEY RICH THIS POST OFFICIALLY MAKES ME STRIPED BASS RANK BEFORE YOU!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Wait... Does this mean you are selling all your fresh water gear and hitting the salt?

Posted Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:12 am

stratos1966

sinista

stratos1966

tommyboy

stratos1966

Wait... Does this mean you are selling all your fresh water gear and hitting the salt?

Can i have dibs on the flipping stick

Posted Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:00 pm

sinista

(wink wink bet ya wish ya knew where those were)

I wish I had the 4+ I lost off there yesterday...

Posted Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:09 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links