Wallum Lake Results

Conditions
Air Temp 52-74
Wind Calm to 9 mph NW
Water Temp 72-76

18 Boats really tough day, guys fought for every single ounce they caught!
GREAT JOB EVERYONE CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS!

1st Dusty Ranger (5) 9.0lbs
2nd Sinista (5) 8 lb 3 oz
3rd Lunker Hunter (4) 8lbs LUNKER 3.0LBS

Honorable Mention
Shaw (4) 7lb 15oz
RI Bass (5) 7lb 13oz
Basstards (5) 7lb 12oz
Young Guns/Dirty Water (5) 7lb2oz
Planet Eclipse (5) 6lb 6oz
J Cotier (5) 6lb 5oz
Fish for Bass (5) 5lb 15oz
Stratos/Jbigun (4) 5lb 8oz
Guppy Matt (3) 5lb 1oz
Bass Techs (4) 4lb 15oz
Halo (3) 4lb 1oz
Boom/Bassasins (2) 3lb 2oz
Bass Smashers (0)

DNF
NO catchum

PICS TO FOLLOW SOON

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Congrats to the winners and other teams. That is one tough fishery. Kudos to everyone for fimding some fish!!

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:31 pm

nice job guys. never been there before today and probably won't go back lol. although i did catch a rainbow trout and a brown trout on bass lures.

has anyone caught anything over 4 lbs. there or heard of anyone catching one?? serious question. seems like they should be in there.

steve, thanks again for letting me fish with you. i had a great day regardless.

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:00 pm

That is my second and last time there.In my opinion that should be crossed off the maff list.Great job to all that placed.If it remains on the list you can count me out.I would rather fish Manchaug or Singletary.

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Haha you guys are good, we said screw it!
Tough place, nice work all

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:26 pm

Congrats to the winners capitalizing on the tough bite!

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Nice job guys

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:46 pm

khaskins

That is my second and last time there.In my opinion that should be crossed off the maff list.Great job to all that placed.If it remains on the list you can count me out.I would rather fish Manchaug or Singletary.

Ken, at least you did better than the 14oz you caught last year. Fuuuuuuuu@k this place. I totally agree and 2nd that we take it off the MAFF schedule for future events!

Good job to those who caught fish!

Last edited by pocketfisherman on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Nice job guy's. Go Fish

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:38 pm

1st and last time there for me. I couldn't catch 1 fish. Congrats to those of you who did

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:59 pm

What surprised me was the abundance of great structure. Nearly everywhere we stopped we could see off shore rock piles on one side of the boat and deep water shore lines on the other. But no fish. This place should be loaded. Who knows? Maybe it's over fished. On the bright side, it's good to fish a hard lake from time to time so your forced to try other techniques that you typically don't.

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:55 pm

I vote to move this tourney 10 miles down the road to Webster Lake next year...The big brown trout in Wallum eat all the forage fish making the bass population suffer.

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:35 pm

Ya I could deal with not having to fish here again the all day grind is tiresome I swear when I close my eyes I can still see my lowrance screen from staring at it all day!

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:45 pm

sinista

Ya I could deal with not having to fish here again the all day grind is tiresome I swear when I close my eyes I can still see my lowrance screen from staring at it all day!

Now imagine waking up tomorrow, going there again and fishing without a trolling motor! Never again!!!

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:48 pm

jbigun

sinista

Now imagine waking up tomorrow, going there again and fishing without a trolling motor! Never again!!!

Man I felt bad for you that's gotta suck! Kutos for fishing the whole day a lot of guys would have left. That would have been quite the story, back to back wins in a complete toilet the 2nd without a Trolling motor!

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:59 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links