im hunting for Big Bass but were do big decent bass go when its very hot

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:16 pm

they can be anywhere they want to be. lately on webster lake ive been murdering the bigger quality fish in deep weeds and way under docks. your best bet would be to find weeds in 8ft or deeper and fish them with plastics and be patient

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:39 pm

Deep-ish heavily covered areas, weeds, trees, sometimes areas with the larger rocks they can go between. But you also gotta take into consideration the weather coming in. Especially seeing how its been hot and muggy mornings/early afternoon, but the storms rolling in during the afternoon/evening. If you can look at the radar and say its about an hour- hour and a half out..chances are they'll really be getting active for good strikes.

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:38 am

I was reading up something along the lines of this in another forum. From what i heard largemouth this time a year can vary. Many will say fish deep, but others are fishing as shallow as can be. From what i've experienced it all comes down to the BOW your fishing and where the oxygen is for it? I've been at some local ponds last summer fishing 6-20ft of water and didn't get a sniff. Throw along the shallow banks with some cover and bam!

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:24 am

Last night I was pulling good fish out of 12 - 30 feet it all depends . A
Agreed lunkerhunter

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:27 am

I usually start with the shady areas and work my way out . If your fishing a river weed cover near moving water always pays off I'm the heat. Cover and cooler water perfect!

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:37 am

BOW?

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:59 pm

Body of water

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:01 pm

I pulled 9.5 pounds largemouth during november. it was caught at only one feet of water!! However, there was bunch of tree in the water and logs! Weeds are around there too!

Also, Pulled 8 pounder largemouth at 3 feet deep in July at several of years ago. But fished at just outside of weedline.

Plus, pulled 5 pounder smallmouth at recently at 30 feet deep with no weeds around.

Lost 7 pounder largemouth bass at last night on my secret spot! It was only three to five feet deep! with bunch of weeds.

My theory is that they always at less 10 feet (only largemouth bass) during the summer. Since they can survive any temperature. Meanwhile smallmouth bass will be staying deep water BUT will come up surface when it is cooler like as night time.

But hey, I will be wrong anyway since there are bunch of fishermen and fisherwomen will tell you their side of experiences. However, this is my theory because of the way of my fishing skills goes and how I can perform to understanding them well.

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:13 pm

No one person is right or wrong, its all about taking other peoples experience as far as what gear to use where to go what to look for and how to work your line. Trial and error see what works for you and maybe mixing up a few things together, its how everyone gets all the "secret" how to, and spots. Personally if I'm headed out to a new area or fishing for something out of my norm I'm always reading/studying into the feeding& habitat of the type of fish. Then reading the topographical map of the water (sometimes bring it with) as well as what other species are at or near by that location. Lastly like I mentioned before the past present and future weather.

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:32 pm

Nicely put

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:39 pm

Well said, but some will give their opinions and if you in any way shape or for disagree, you are in for a fight. Smile

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:35 pm

o.rose513 - you put up better explanation than I did!

pocketfisherman - is correct about it. It is hard to give neutral words that being in any kind of negative message.

That's reason why I said, I am wrong in first place so it kinda put end of fight with anyone. Also, I said, its my theory since that is what I am figure out with my experiences. You all know that theory doesn't apply same to everyone. but in the end, all of them will reach same conclusion, and that will be catching a fish!

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:58 pm

All I know is that every time I go out I hope to learn something new, even if I've fished the BOW a thousand times.

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:07 pm

pocketfisherman

Well said, but some will give their opinions and if you in any way shape or for disagree, you are in for a fight. Smile

Wallum Lake

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:27 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links