Hey just curious to how much tackle you buy a month, year,etc..and how much you spend on average when you do buy tackle. Do you only buy what you need when you need it? Or does the bait monkey get you every time you leave your house or go online? Very Happy

I personally don't buy as much tackle as i'd like to ATM just because of funds. Once and awhile though i get some extra loot for a nice order off tackle warehouse or BPS though? I do get to buy enough that keeps me happy (around $15-$50 a month) and when i go online for a order i usually spend $50-$150 or more depending on if im buying a new rod or reel.

Posted Tue May 21, 2013 8:19 pm

good question usually its around 100 bucks of stuff at a time but ive spent 550 one time at basspro last year. i never have enough tackle

Posted Tue May 21, 2013 8:22 pm

kamilfishes

good question usually its around 100 bucks of stuff at a time but ive spent 550 one time at basspro last year. i never have enough tackle

LOL right always needing more even though i got some crankbaits and soft plastics that barley even touch the water. I got a bad habit of letting the bait monkey take advantage of me sometimes. One day I'll be hooked on one lure next week it's something else.

Posted Tue May 21, 2013 8:28 pm

When all is said and done I probably spend $500 to $600 a year. More in years where I have to replace rods and reels. Whatever it is, it's too much.

Posted Tue May 21, 2013 9:15 pm

Not enough! I never walk away feeling like I got everything I needed.

Posted Tue May 21, 2013 9:38 pm

as much as i hate to say it i spend an average of 200 bucks a month on tackle and always end up forgetting a few things that i needed. i go for a few things then i see other stuff that i either need or just want that i hadnt planned on buying then before you know it my weekly spending money is gone. i have enough finesse hooks and yum dingers in my bag to fish wacky rigs for a year though lol

Posted Tue May 21, 2013 10:20 pm

I probably spend $50 to $75 per season. Although this year I'm trying to work through my overstock of soft baits, mostly the stuff I picked up on a whim over the last couple of years.

Posted Tue May 21, 2013 10:54 pm

I'm with Rich in the 500-600 range. This year I bought a new boat so I'm already over 5 grand

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 5:19 am

The last two years I was getting back into the sport after a long hiatus so I spent maybe $1500 assembling gear. That's exclusive of several more thousands spent on kayaks and kayaking gear. This year has been much more tame and will probably end up in the $600-$700 range. And next year should be less than that.

Of course I am probably grossly underestimating Shocked

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 5:36 am

I toned it down this year but it never ends unfortunately. Even if it's just replacing line or terminal tackle. I have most of what I want though. Then I bought a new boat...then a truck.....

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 7:07 am

I spend $75-$100 each time unless im getting new rods and reels last week basspro did me in for $600

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 7:11 am

I'd like to say im cheap!
But i ordered 3 new rods this season at $250.00 each. They did not come in ( long story) and i didn't push it yet Shocked
But in the terminal tackle realm I'm probably around 200.00 yr. or at least that what my wife thinks Rolling Eyes .

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 8:08 am

I would have to say last year I was easily in $800 range, but this year so far only around $100. I like to think I have enough to make it through the next couple of months, but I know that is only wishful thinking.

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 8:42 am

I think I spend about $400.00 last year.

According to my wife, way too much.

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 9:14 am

Hmm interesting results. My dad yells at me for how much i have and most of you guys top how much i spend lol. As expensive as fishing can be it really isn't that bad. I could name alot of things people could spend $300-$1000 almost weekly good or bad. The only thing i feel is somewhat of a waste of money is soft plastics.

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 9:29 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links