Once a month I go and buy $30-50 worth of tackle. Or shop online at Outdoorsdirect.com. This year a picked up a Crawdad for $400 and put another $200 into it. Plus I picked up a new Penn reel and Ugly stick. So I'm around the $1200 this season already.

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 9:57 am

i got buyers remorse for a bit after dropping money on a g. loomis NRX blue last year.

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 11:54 am

I have been on a roll of late.

This week:
Trip to Alaska in July: $4650
Plane ticket to Ancorhage: $1055
Plane ticket to Aniak, AK: $399
I don't own a trout or salmon lure so probably a hundred or 2?
Don't own waders, so I need to get some. If anyone would recommend a pair of decent ones for around $150 that would be a help. Also some non felt boots.

Next week I am flying to South Carolina to try and catch a redfish with the old man.

Last month bought a small boat that fits through my condo door: $1499

Probably another $500-600 so far this year on miscellaneous equipement. I'm trying to cut down on fishing expenses, but things just seem to snowball.

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 12:00 pm

thelucky

This week:
Don't own waders, so I need to get some. If anyone would recommend a pair of decent ones for around $150 that would be a help. Also some non felt boots.

Next week I am flying to South Carolina to try and catch a redfish with the old man.

Probably another $500-600 so far this year on miscellaneous equipement. I'm trying to cut down on fishing expenses, but things just seem to snowball.

You're either single or the bread winner Laughing

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 12:24 pm

stratos1966

thelucky

This week:

Living the life

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 12:26 pm

this year alone ive probably spent close to 400 but that was because I needed to stock up. I feel like ill end up spending close to 700 by the time I get to the fall. if I end up getting a new crawdad with all the shits and gigs for ill be up around 1500. once I start looking at new fishing gear it seems like I cant stop haha

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 12:30 pm

i learned quickly it's not the boat itself that's expensive...it's all the other crap from seats to a finder to safety gear. it never ends!!!!!!

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 12:41 pm

[quote="samf"]i learned quickly it's not the boat itself that's expensive...it's all the other crap from seats to a finder to safety gear. it never ends!!!!!![/quo

yeah I know exactly. I could probably find a crawdad for about 400 but ill probably pay as much as I did for the crawdad for all the other junk that goes with it

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 12:49 pm

Lund Boat with 115 Johnson - $25000.00
Canon down riggers - $600.00
Planer Board mast and otter boats - $500.00
Johnson 9.9 kicker - $1800.00
New custom canvas for boat- $1300.00
Yahama 6 hp - $ 1200.00
Canoe - $300.00
4 kayaks & a trailer to pull them - $1200.00
Hummingbird fish finder $ 1300.00
Lowrance fish finder - $500.00
Minn-Kota Powerdrive trolling motor - $ 1000.00
Trolling motor - $400.00
16 foot boat & trailer strictly for Quabbin - $1800.00
Assorted rods & reels, Quantum, Shimano, St. Croix, Ambassadeur, Orvis, Daiwa, etc. - $ ?....
Hundreds of lures - $ ?.....
Ice fishing stuff - auger, tip ups $ ?.....
Trips to Lake Ontario Lake Champlain, out of state licenses, hotels, motels, campgrounds. $?.....
Charters for stripers, tarpon, trip to Costa Rica, Montana - $ thousands.
Don't even get me thinking of what I spend on hunting as well.

This is just off the top of my head. Cabelas, Bass Pro and Dick's should all have my picture on the wall at their headquarters for all the money I have spent in their stores.
I think I have a problem!

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 12:55 pm

Not sure how much I spend per month but I'm pretty sure it has a direct correlation to the fact that I'm broke Laughing The gas $ is what really hurts.

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 2:06 pm

For me most of my fishing shopping is done at bass pro since its a hop skip and a jump away from home so these numbers will include everything to do with going fishing (boat, rods, trailer accessories, tackle etc.)

i stock pile in the winter to save time during the summer months and not have to do a whole lot of spending on s*** during the summer especially when most of us drive hours to go fishing.

winter '11 $1400 at bass pro
winter '12 $1000 ^

summer '11 probably in the 3-400$ range
summer '12 about the same ^

so far this season ive bought 2 rods to replace others 180$ a new trailer $450. fishing line will kill you when you have over 5 rods especially when you find the kind you like and it happens to be a little expensive. alot of us here have much more than 5 set ups but at 5 a couple years ago i realized...s***. during the summer months now i just restock plastics, weights, some line, hooks, jigs. and maybe try out some new things. it probably ads up to less than 25$ a week. i bought like 7 bags of plastics from dicks for 12$ that will last me a couple weeks.

with all that said! no regrets here!

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 3:05 pm

time to feed the addition...just got emails for memorial day sales from the usual suspects. trying to resist........

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 4:49 pm

stratos1966

thelucky

This week:

Single, no kids. Going to try and keep it going until one of those things changes.

Posted Wed May 22, 2013 5:12 pm

I always tell everyone that the Foxborough Bass Pro Shops should have a plaque thanking me for helping to build this store. Every wife/partner thinks we spend way too much on fishing/boating. She's/he's probably correct about some things but that's the "lure" of this sport. Sorry, couldn't help myself . . . just like my purchasing addiction.

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 7:30 am

I find that my spending is 100x worse in the winter when I can't fish. I buy anything and everything! Once the season comes around I settle down and just replenish baits & tackle as it gets used up.

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 8:15 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links