Hello Im a freshman bass fisher, I dont have a boat yet but in the mean time where are the good areas to fish from the shore or docks in mass?
Thanks for you help

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:40 am

At the very least, get yourself a pair of waders Exclamation Gives you a lot more options than fishing just from the shore.

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:13 pm

I've caught some of my biggest fish wading and walking the shallows.

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:03 pm

bti111

I've caught some of my biggest fish wading and walking the shallows.

I've had more good days out in the waders than I have in the yak Exclamation I alternate between the 2 just to break things up.

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:20 pm

lol me too! ive cought all my personal bests from shore but i generally catch lots more fish in terms of numbers when i go out in a boat , i just bought my first boat this year and havent even had the chance to take it out yet but i feel i will be fishing from shore just as much as i did before i had my boat. as for your question where in ma do you live? there are lots of great "bassy" areas to fish from shore but im not sure if any of these spots are near you

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:06 pm

I hear yeah I've been a shore fisherman for years.I have a john boat but most of my trips are spur of the moment.I take it when I can get it and sometimes a boat to much prep time launching and then wrapping things up for home.Plus I have a couple of nice spots 5 minutes from my house.The Sud res is shore fishing only so no choice there and it is one of my favorite bassholes.

Posted Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:05 pm

bassinbrooksy

lol me too! ive cought all my personal bests from shore but i generally catch lots more fish in terms of numbers when i go out in a boat , i just bought my first boat this year and havent even had the chance to take it out yet but i feel i will be fishing from shore just as much as i did before i had my boat. as for your question where in ma do you live? there are lots of great "bassy" areas to fish from shore but im not sure if any of these spots are near you

Posted Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:11 am

If your manly going to be fishing from shore i would look into a float tube from bass pro i fished from one last year for small ponds the bass boat couldn't get into its nice for the one in my icon picture was like a hundred bucks with the pump and flippers lol

Posted Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:54 am

Where in MA do you plan on fishing, where is your starting point and how far are you willing to travel (by bicycle, motorcycle, car, etc.)? MA is a pretty big state considering. Gotta narrow it down a bit more, but there will be no shortage of info after that.

Posted Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:58 am

Thanks so much for you help im so excited. Ok here you go.

I live in worcester, and I just purchased a bass blow up boat. Im willing to travel. My radius is boston to springfield. Hope that helps. I thank you so much for helping me.

pocketfisherman

Where in MA do you plan on fishing, where is your starting point and how far are you willing to travel (by bicycle, motorcycle, car, etc.)? MA is a pretty big state considering. Gotta narrow it down a bit more, but there will be no shortage of info after that.

Posted Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:17 pm

Ask Muskiebigfish. He seems like the land patrol pro in Mass Very Happy .
Talking to him makes me interested in fishing half these areas from shore Cool

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:40 am

Thanks for the Prop's Jwall, we do 95% of our Fishing from shore, not having a Boat has alot to do with that. Plus, we fish some puddles that no boat would fit on.. Lots of great places in the Worc, Auburn, Westborough area. Drop me a line, I be more than happy to chew the chaw with ya. Come on spring!!!! Lakers, Carp and Smallies Woooooooooo

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:20 pm

muskiebigfish

Thanks for the Prop's Jwall, we do 95% of our Fishing from shore, not having a Boat has alot to do with that. Plus, we fish some puddles that no boat would fit on.. Lots of great places in the Worc, Auburn, Westborough area. Drop me a line, I be more than happy to chew the chaw with ya. Come on spring!!!! Lakers, Carp and Smallies Woooooooooo

I was hoping you would chime in Cool
I need to try some of your tactics this year!
thanks

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:43 pm

vmurrell

Thanks so much for you help im so excited. Ok here you go.

I live in worcester, and I just purchased a bass blow up boat. Im willing to travel. My radius is boston to springfield. Hope that helps. I thank you so much for helping me.

pocketfisherman

where abouts in worcester? i live in worcester also, i live on indian lake to be exact and i know of some great spots to fish from shore and a couple hidden spots that have zero fishing pressure and an abundance of larrys,pickerel,and perch

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:59 pm

Just need this dam cast to come off. I hope thursday I get a waterproof catching cast And Brooksy, we got a date with a Esox soooooooon

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:21 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links