There seems to be alot of discussions regarding the Alabama Rig. Looks like its a killer rig, but maybe too good? I watched an FLW tour pro on some video last night saying it should be banned?

Posted Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:12 pm

Can't use em in any bassmaster tournaments or classics

Posted Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:28 am

Before this gets goin again. It is strongly frowned upon to even use this rig.
I posted this awhile ago just throwing it out there and 99.9999% disagree to using it even if it were legal. Laughing

Posted Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:44 am

So..yeah..anyone else wanna talk about em lol

Posted Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:49 am

I guess I missed the original discussion...but the debate is certainly not over based on every blog & website I've been reading.

Posted Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:41 pm

Naw probably not,haha
I have no opinion. It's not something I'm gona throw anyway.
I heard it was illegal? I laughed when i told my buddy that originally mentioned it and he says it's illegal. No kidding!
But like anything else everybody will have their own opinion.
Good lick if ya throw it!

Posted Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:06 pm

Yeah, like we talked about before the rig itself is not illegal if ya use teasers verse hooks, cause in mass a hook is defined as a device made to catch 1 fish at a time and your allowed 2 of them. But then what would be the point, people want this rig to catch multiple fish and or use upwards of 5+ hooks...

the debate will never end lol..it is what it is. People will always do silly things, myself included...

Posted Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:30 pm

i bet if you put trailer hooks on all those spinner baits, it could be considered a felony haha, i wouldnt throw that but definitely looks like it could be alot of fun

Posted Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:28 pm

Have you seen the video of Guntersville? Seriously! By the end of the tournny, they were ALL throwing the Alabama and having a great time doing it! I didnt see the previous thread. What was the general concensus with MAFF tournaments?

Video:

http://www.flwoutdoors.com/tournament/tvschedule.cfm

Posted Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:40 pm

tholdah

Have you seen the video of Guntersville? Seriously! By the end of the tournny, they were ALL throwing the Alabama and having a great time doing it! I didnt see the previous thread. What was the general concensus with MAFF tournaments?

Video:

http://www.flwoutdoors.com/tournament/tvschedule.cfm

Read 3rd post down again. That holds the answer. I'm probably off on my statistic and should have said 100%.

Posted Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:41 pm

it's like throwing gernades in the water to fish, or using a machine gun to hunt deer? thats fucked

Posted Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:23 am

i am afraid ill buy one to try it, and then get hooked on it. Then come tourney time, I'll have thrown nothing else, putting myself at a disadvantage.

Again, I apologize if this has been answered, and I know what the 99.999% has said, but will the Alabama OFFICIALLY be banned from MAFF tournnys?

Posted Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:18 pm

I imagine if its illegal in the state, its illegal in MAFF tourneys. The law states:

"More than two hooks for fishing or more than five hooks when ice fishing. A hook is defined as an angling device attached to a fishing line which is designed to take one fish at a time but is not limited to devices commonly called spinners, spoons, bait harnesses, lead head jigs or plugs."

Meaning the EP's can apply the two hook rule to about anything we want and thus the A-rig cant be used (and I dont care how good of a lawyer you have...well, you could probably find one to get you out of it). Also, Lead < 1oz is out.

Caveat:A-rigs with 2 hooks and the rest teasers are legal. Which brings up the real issue, if lead and A-rigs can both illegal, how in the world will I know if you are throwing a lead vs bismuth jig or if you have 2 hooks and 3 teasers on an A-rig.

Lets make it official, I vote that the lead thing is a trust issue and the A-rig (regardless of hook count) is not allowed (because KVD said so!). Oh yeah, not gas motors on your cartopper either regardless if your "cartopper" would collapse your car top in if you sat it up there (or break off if you sat it in your truck bed which it cant even fit in, hahaha.)

Posted Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:20 am

tholdah

i am afraid ill buy one to try it, and then get hooked on it. Then come tourney time, I'll have thrown nothing else, putting myself at a disadvantage.

but will the Alabama OFFICIALLY be banned from MAFF tournnys?

Only if you get caught
Totally kidding btw

Posted Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:51 am

for me that would be 4 more chances to get hung up and end up loosing $30 or how ever much they are imo i dont think they have any place in our tournys or water ways just my 2 cents

Posted Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:41 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links