I'm going to have to make this my last post about this but I feel the only place this rig used legally (with teasers) can be debated is for guys in tourneys.

If the rig was completely allowed (5 hooks and all), the number of fish that will die from gut hooks, livewells, poor water conditions, rough handling during picture time, etc would make the number that may die from...still not sure why everyone thinks this hurts fish (once again if you used 5 3 trebled hooked lures then yes the fish could take a beating but 5 spinnerbaits/grubs/swimbaits)...look miniscule. If we all throw it, the fish will become conditioned and its effectiveness would decrease. Think back to when buzzbaits and sluggos changed were introduced.

So the concern might be people would catch to many limits and reduce the number of fish in the lakes. Well, if you eat anything out of MA waters in the east, you must not read any of the advisories.

I am sure this year, there will be plenty of data produced to find out what the effects are.

Posted Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:08 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links