*How long have you been fishing/competitively?...
*What is the origin story of your team-name?...
*What kinda rig do you run?...
*How many times have you won on Sundays since joining The MAFF Tournament circuit?...
*What was your most INTENSE moment while fishing?...
*What do you personally consider "IDEAL-CONDITIONZ"?...
*What is your ALL TIME FAVORITE pole & set-up?...
*What was the largest thing you ever took from the water(species/length&weight)?...
*If you could fish anywhere on Earth where would it be & Why?...
*What inspires you to fish...Why do you fish?. . .

Posted Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:30 am

10 yrs. On and off
Sinista was my tag in the graffiti days
15 ft Tracker
3 , 1st place finishes
On the MAFF circutt it was the 4lb 11 oz I landed to win Boon in the last half hr.
Blinked Skies and Super Hot (while flipping heavy grass mats)
7 ft 6, Shimano Crucial Flippin Stick, Revo Premier 7.1.1
Largemouth 8 lb 8 oz
Lake Okeechober Fla (going in Jan.)
It's in my blood, provides me piece of mind, when I'm on the water the outside world melts away.

Posted Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:14 pm

[b]good t' see some of the "BIGGER-FISH" puttin some time in for me here...'preciate that...and I'd like t' see even more of you get involved w/ my little scheme here...'MAFFMAGAZINE'™® thanks you guys! If the top 20 teams show real interest in this kind of format...I'll make it "20"QuestionZ W/ The River Rat !

Last edited by riverrat82 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:18 am; edited 4 times in total

Posted Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:06 am

2 years Worcester bassmasters (non-boater)
2 years maff tour

origional team "what's for lunch", my co-worker and i always ask that everyday.
new name "no worries" only thing i can think of and it's what i say alot

1990 Stratos fish/ski 200hp Johnson motorguide trolling motor,lawrance electronics.

*How many times have you won on Sundays since joining The MAFF Tournament circuit?...
None, 2nd-5th seems to be my spot so far. No worries, we'll get there!

Anytime i catch a big fish or loose one!

When i'm able to actually go fishing

Castaway 6'10" m/h casting rod w/abu revo stx reel.

*What was the largest thing you ever took from the water(species/length&weight)?...
32" pike/ Maine , wght?
Yes, my cousins tilt but he was no where to be found? Very Happy
Well we coulda found him but he might not have had any line left.

31" my tilt Champlain Very Happy

Peacock bass territory

I've been fishing all my life in one way or another off and on.
Now that i have a family it is a nice way to relax and hang out with buddy's or my family.

Posted Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:03 am

- Fished when I was a younging, but in 2005 I started to get the bug again. 2007 was when I strictly started using only artifical lures/baits when Freshwater fishing
-Avid Anglers Bass Club (Co-Angler) Since 2009
-MAFF since 2009

-"Angry Meat" was just a combination of our nicknames "Angry Vinny", and "Meat"

- Currently my Rig is a 2002 Hynudai Elantra 2.0l, lol
-Vin's boat is a 98 G3 Aluminum 25hp Yamaha, 55lbs Trolling Motor, etc

-My 1st two wins happened this year with Chuck @ Dudley, and Webster. Vin and I had had some 3rd's, 4th's, etc. the past couple of years

-Dudley Tournament Boating a 5-1/2lber, and the 6lb 6oz Lunker on 6lb test was pretty wild, and had me breathing heavy, lol

-Im a fan of fishing the spawn when the fish are aggressive, but really I just love to fish most anytime, with whatever conditions.

- Tough Question...Currently Im fond off my Jig Rod which is a 7' Diawa Procyon Baitcaster MH Fast tip, 2008 Abu Garcia Revo Premier Reel w/12lb Fluorocarbon, Landed some nice fish on that rod, Also like my St. Croix MoJo Spinning 6' 8" Med Action, Xtra Fast tip, Abu Garcia Cardinal 701LX Reel. Sweet Finesse Rod, love it for shakeyhead, but very versatile, I was using it dropshotting at the Dudley Tournament and it handled the 2 pigs very nicely

-Freshwater - Largemouth Bass 23in 6lb 6oz @ Dudley Pond
-Saltwater - Striper 35" 14-3/4lbs surfcasting in East Boston

Falcon Lake would be nice, but as far local places, I would love to see more of Winnipesaukee, and Winnisquam in NH, and of course Champlain

Fishing for me is very rewarding, I love to learn anything, and everything I can to use it in my future outings, weather it be techniques, lures/baits, stategies, etc. I just cant get enough. It also helps me escape the daily grind of work, and life. Im much less stressed after Ive benn on the Water...most of the time, lol

Posted Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:17 pm

1) I've been fishing since I was about 10 years old, started up in NH on family vacations and was hooked!! The last 3 years I've been able to live on or near lakes so my addiction has only grown!

2) Arrogant Anglers- my fishing partner Napa and I always seem to have an eventful packed outing, including laughs, mishaps and some nice fish, so arrogance seemed to fit well.

3) Since I was 16 years old I've always angled on the 12 foot old town canoe, known as Big Red. A couple months ago I purchased a 14 foot tracker and use a 55lb thrust electric which has worked out very well Very Happy

4) 1 MAFF victory and 3 other places last season. This year weddings owned my Sunday's so looking for a comeback year in 2012!

5) Tough question having landed over 20 five plus pound bass the since the beginning of 2010...lol, arrogance! Personally an abundance of lunkers have come fishing solo at night- one night in the summer of 2010 after landing a 5lb 6ozer on the jitterbug I followed it up with a 6 lb 1 oz bass that litterally went under the boat and surfaced on the other side- the adrenalin was awesome! Witnessingmy Dad catch his personal best in June of this year was also a very special moment (5lbs 11oz's) and one of this sites top 5 trips!

6) Night time fishing on calm nights and frog fishing in the pads and thick s***.

7) I'm a spinning guy all the way: 6'6" shimano compare w/ a shimano sienna 4000 and 20lb spider wire braid; 6' 8" St. Croix Mojo Bass rod w/ a shimano sienna 2500 and 20lb spider wire braid- definately my go-to set ups.

Cool 22 inch largemouth bass 6lbs 4oz's on the frog
26 inch pickerel 4lbs 2oz's ice fishing with big shiners

9) Honestly never fished down south where the lunker club bass have been landed more frequently- so I'd have to say somewhere in FL on a farm or private pond.

10) Fishing is a true break from the real world.....when I'm on the water the only worry I have is if I'll land a fish when they strike. The great thing about fishing is that your imagination is under there and it's up to you to realize it!

Posted Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:41 pm

HOLY COW ! what have I started here! ?...The responses have been JUST AWESOME ! I figured the least I could do after subjecting you guys to this was put my own answers in...I should have been a writer hahahahaaaaaa...but it pays around the same as musician so I suppose it's all ridin in the same car---or in this case ...boat

Last edited by riverrat82 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:33 am

Don't stop now, gentlemen. I am enjoying this thread.

Charlie

Posted Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:00 pm

charliep

Don't stop now, gentlemen. I am enjoying this thread.

Charlie

I AGREE and I'm SERIOUSLY waiting on Chuck and The LandLords to post thier's(more specifically HIS) hahahaha a

Posted Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:53 am

started on the mighty charles when i was about 7, got hooked when i saw a newton city worker stop for a few casts while i was fishing and cast a spinnerbait off of whites bridge down purgatory cove on the charles in waltham and caught a 21lb tiger musky, haven't stopped yet. true story!

well we suck therfore NO-CATCHUM , lol

my wife calls me the boat whore casue i jump from boat to boat(thanks honey) Ed my buddy runs an 87 family fisher

placed maybe 4 times

Coming down with a stomach bug while filiming on the charlie moore show, then watching it on national television, lol

78-80 degrees calm dusk, buzzbait
7' meadium heavy diawa td pro baitcaster with 20lb invisbraid

*What was the largest thing you ever took from the water
(species/length&weight)?...
32 lb charles river carp, and a 6.5lb larry in mica cove, charles river

i would like to spear fish in key west florida, on the flats with a cold beer in hand, favorite place on earth!

the thought of catching that monster for my wall, and i love the serenity of it all

Posted Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:39 am

How long have you been fishing/competitively?

I started fishing competitively back in 1994 as a non-boater in a bass club. I purchased my first boat in 1995 and had my first tourney victory late that same year. I stopped fishing tourneys in 2005 and took a few years off until I fished my first Maff T on Long Pond in Lakeville in August of 2009.

What is the origin story of your team-name?

Justin from Smokecity pegged the name back in 2009.

What kind of rig do you run?

I run two rigs. The first would be a Coleman crawdad powered by a 30 lb. thrust motor guide.
The second would be a 2006 Basscat Sabre powered by a Mercury 150 hp.

How many times have you won on Sundays since joining The MAFF Tournament circuit?

A few

What was your most INTENSE moment while fishing?

I’ll stick to this year during the Chebacco Lake Tourney. I had to drop a deuce from mid morning on and no way in hell was I going to use that porta-potti at the ramp.

What do you personally consider "IDEAL-CONDITIONZ"?

Blue bird skies with a light wind during the summer 80-90 degrees.

What is your ALL TIME FAVORITE pole & set-up?

It changes year to year. This year I enjoyed fishing with a G Loomis Mbr. 843 Glx paired with a Shimano Chronarch 50 mg. spooled with 10 lb. Yozuri Hybrid. Great for many applications from weightless worms, ¼ oz jigs and can cast zara spooks a country mile.

largest thing you ever took from the water(species/length&weight)?

Freshwater would be the Common Carp when I was a kid.
Saltwater would be Striped Bass.

If you could fish anywhere on Earth where would it be & Why?

I’d like to take a trip to the Amazon and fish for some of those Peacock Bass.

What inspires you to fish...Why do you fish?

When I was in fourth grade, my parents stopped by the local lake during opening day for trout season and people were fishing everywhere. I was hooked from that day forward and spent most of my summers fishing with friends until I graduated from high school.

Posted Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:54 pm

Wow ! I love getting home from "hell" to find my brain child growing in popularity. . . Imagine now had I "LOADED" a few more of these questionz...the responses have been varied and TERRIFIC so far...AWESOME to see JohnnyBagz n Chuck gettin' in on it. I bet the newbies are gettin an EYE FULL of the skill-sets and personalities that make up the MIGHTY MAFF ! And I hope this helps get tournament Sundays even more popular ! ! !

'MAFFMAGAZINE'™® thanks you guys! If the top 20 teams show real interest in this kind of format...I'll make it "20"QuestionZ W/ The River Rat in 2012![/quote]

Posted Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:43 pm

I'm advancing the concept of this whole 'MAFFMAGAZINE'™® thing I have runnin' 'round in my nugget...this is a NEW idea- you guys can help out or shoot down-What if we took the "PhotoOfTheMonth" that Johnny Boudreu has goin' and add the interviewz it would have a more true real magazine feel...-Shawn...you n Dunt gotta get in here ! and Damon & Dan(BeaverFever) have some KICKAZZ stories so I'm still waitin' on them too...Sometimes the 'POTM' isn't a MAFF tourney guy though ...I'm aware of that ...but that person would OBVIOUSLY allowed to post "thier" interview w/ thier pic(s)...they'd just have to find this thread and fill it out---let me know what you guys think and VIVA MAFFMagazine™®

Posted Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:07 am

riverrat82

I'm advancing the concept of this whole 'MAFFMAGAZINE'™® thing I have runnin' 'round in my nugget...this is a NEW idea- you guys can help out or shoot down-What if we took the "PhotoOfTheMonth" that Johnny Boudreu has goin' and add the interviewz it would have a more true real magazine feel...-Shawn...you n Dunt gotta get in here ! and Damon & Dan(BeaverFever) have some KICKAZZ stories so I'm still waitin' on them too...Sometimes the 'POTM' isn't a MAFF tourney guy though ...I'm aware of that ...but that person would OBVIOUSLY allowed to post "thier" interview w/ thier pic(s)...they'd just have to find this thread and fill it out---let me know what you guys think and VIVA MAFFMagazine™®

I'm thinking another decent idea for this might be to have an 'OBSCURE' photo section -related to the "MOST INTENSE MOMENT" Q:...crazy wildlife interactions ...harrowing experiences ect...ya know pictures of the emergency vehicles stuff like that

Posted Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:51 am

I was gonna try to do this in a video format but it would have been long and long usually equals unfunny so here goes

This past season was the first time...topper against the big boys

My partner Darren came up with it. I wanted something else but I can't remember so it must have sucked

I have a Bass Hunter 9 ft pontoon style topper with a 30 lb thrust electric (hoping to upgrade to 50lbs) Lowrance fishfinder

No wins. Placed 3rd at Billington (our first tourney) and I got back to back lunker at Billington and Oldham (just missed winner take all at Oldham. Northshore beat us by an ounce)

It was the day Me and Dunt were filming everything at Fosters and when I threw (I fricken whipped it too) the camera in the water the float strap broke and the camera sank to the bottom of the grossest, murkiest pondwater ever. We had seen a giant black snake earlier and everytime Dunt went under he freaked out. I told him to hold the boat and kept diving until I found it. I wear contacts so I couldn't open my eyes. Just kept feeling around until I got it. It was only like 2 months old too.

I love sunrise when the water is flat
I've always just bought combo deals. My favorite was a Quantum spinning rod with an okuma reel. I slammed the rod in the trunk at Oldham and didn't win any more money for the rest of the season. I need a new lunker rod (that's what she said)

Summer of 09 was my best summer for stripers. I caught 2 33 pounders

I really don't "long" to fish anywhere else but if you said pick a place I'm buying I'd love to fish (with a guide of course) for smallies on the great lakes

man...I've loved fishing since I was a little kid. My parents would rent a cottage every summer for a week or 2 and I'd spend the whole time fishing. I didn't know any more than a hook and a worm. I stopped fishing for a long time until one day I realized I don't need to be on vacation to fish. So I bought a new rod, some lures and rubber worms and started to check out the local ponds. I would just get lost in my own world. When I fish alone I am totally at peace. When I fish with Darren or Dunt (next spring Dave) it's a fun laugh a minute kind of day usually with some shenanigans thrown in. Fishing with all these great fisherman here on MAFF has made us try new techniques and to raise our game. Can't wait until next Spring

Posted Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:59 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links