hi guys. this spring i,m puting in the merrmack river in mass if I can cross into new hampshire do I need a NH fishing lic. in add. to my mass lic

thanks basshunter62

Posted Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:21 pm

Absolutely yes. it is not worth risking. I could be wrong but 99% time i have fished the conn. river i need 2 licenses.

Posted Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:36 pm

I grew up in Nashua Nh and my first experience bass fishing with me and some friends fishing with out supervision was in the Merrimack river we had some great times how do people feel about car-toppers on the river? I would love to go out and remember old times in a boat and fish up to Nh and back see some of the old places I used to hang out and build forts to fish from.

Last edited by codyc on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:13 pm

thanks I was just at the conn river boat ramp in chicopee checking it out. it took us just under 2 hrs to get there from rt 128@I 90 thats a long time towing a boat. lowell is a lot closer to put in
thanks again.....

Posted Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:13 pm

A fishing license in NH is money well spent. There are some awesome spots to fish up there, and they are all worth weekend trips. Lots of good campgrounds that make good base camps!

Posted Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:28 pm

thanks guys for your input.must have ben great growing up on a river like merrmack you just brought me back-way back thanx cody & volume

Posted Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:45 am

You definitely need 2 licenses. There is a pond in Plymouth, Ma that is fed by a river in NH and you need a MA and NH license to fish there or they will fine you. Plus getting a NH license is good, so many great places to fish. Well worth it! Very Happy

Posted Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:19 pm

thanks bianca. enjoy the ice fishing. It seems as if its going to be around for a while .

Posted Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:02 pm

Thank you! Its my new favorite thing to do Smile I appreciate it.

Posted Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:05 pm

bmvd26

You definitely need 2 licenses. There is a pond in Plymouth, Ma that is fed by a river in NH and you need a MA and NH license to fish there or they will fine you. Plus getting a NH license is good, so many great places to fish. Well worth it! Very Happy

Wait, Plymouth MA and NH almost couldn't be further away from each other! I think you mean another town maybe? I agree though, any body of water or waterway close to each other on the border, you should have the two licenses.

What is a NH license going for these days?

Posted Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:24 pm

pocketfisherman

bmvd26

Wait, Plymouth MA and NH almost couldn't be further away from each other! I think you mean another town maybe? I agree though, any body of water or waterway close to each other on the border, you should have the two licenses.

What is a NH license going for these days?

Nope you definitely need license for both NH and MA to fish at this pond in Plymouth as it is fed by a New Hampshire River. Look it up. I know many of people who have gotten fined for it. They may be far apart but rivers and springs run a long way. Just saying.

Posted Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:04 pm

what is the name of the pond in Plymouth Mass ? Fed from NH ? I too find it hard to believe that a pond in Southern Mass, you need a NH license to fish at. I am not flat out saying you are wrong but are you sure you mean Plymouth ? Dont sound right

Posted Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:00 am

Long Pond.

Posted Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:44 pm

Long Pond is a 211-acre (0.85 km2) cold water pond in Plymouth, Massachusetts, east of Myles Standish State Forest, Halfway Pond and Round Pond, west of Route 3 at Exit 3 and The Pinehills, northwest of Bloody Pond, and north of West Wind Shores. The pond has an average depth of 46 feet (14 m) and a maximum depth of 100 feet (30 m). It is fed by groundwater and an inlet from Little Long Pond, and drains into Halfway Pond. A paved boat ramp provided by the Public Access Board with ample parking spaces is easily accessible from Route 3.

I see nothing that implies it is fed from NH. Plymouth is almost 100 miles away from NH border, no way 100 miles downstream from another state would you need a NH license to fish it. I could see lakes/rivers that border two states, needing multiple licenses.

Posted Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Plymouth is NOT 100 miles away from the NH border neither Nashua or Salem. lol. I dunno where you get that but here is info from a government website on which ponds are interstate. And which ponds you need a double license for. This was emailed to me. I maybe a girl but Im not dumb. Smile

INTERSTATE POND LICENSE REGULATIONS
Wallum Lake, Douglas: fishing permitted by persons duly licensed in Massachusetts or Rhode Island. Rhode Island regulations apply.
Lake Monomonac and Robbins Pond, Winchendon; Long Pond, Plymouth; Bent Pond, Warwick; Tuxbury Pond, Amesbury: fishing permitted by persons duly licensed in Massachusetts or New Hampshire. New Hampshire regulations apply.
Colebrook Reservoir, Tolland; Perry Pond, Dudley; Muddy Pond, Southbridge; Breakneck Pond, Sturbridge; Congamond Lake, Southwick; Hamilton Reservoir, Holland: fishing permitted by persons duly licensed in Massachusetts or Connecticut. Connecticut regulations apply to Colebrook Reservoir, Breakneck Pond, Perry Pond and Muddy Pond. Massachusetts regulations apply to Congamond Lake and Hamilton Reservoir.
Sherman Reservoir, Rowe: Massachusetts regulations apply and MA license required in MA. Vermont regulations apply

Posted Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:06 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links