hey I never implied you were dumb. The lakes you posted are all on state borders, I agreed you need duel licenses for bordering waters. Yes its not 100 miles, in fact Plymouth Ma to Salem NH is 83 miles lol You still are claiming that 83 miles away you need a NH license ?

This is just a discussion, I did say I dont know the facts but it did not sound right. Its all good, it dont even matter. I just know I will not worry about having a NH license when I fish in Plymouth Ma.

Posted Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:31 pm

This should clear things up. It's long pond in Tyngsborough and Dracut.

INTERSTATE POND LICENSE REGULATIONS
Wallum Lake, Douglas: fishing permitted by persons duly licensed in Massachusetts or Rhode Island. Rhode Island regulations apply.
Lake Monomonac and Robbins Pond, Winchendon; Long Pond, Tyngsboro and Dracut; Bent Pond, Warwick; Tuxbury Pond, Amesbury: fishing permitted by persons duly licensed in Massachusetts or New Hampshire. New Hampshire regulations
apply.
Colebrook Reservoir, Tolland; Perry Pond, Dudley; Muddy Pond, Southbridge; Breakneck Pond, Sturbridge; Congamond
Lake, Southwick; Hamilton Reservoir, Holland: fishing permitted by persons duly licensed in Massachusetts or Connecticut.
Connecticut regulations apply to Colebrook Reservoir, Breakneck Pond, Perry Pond and Muddy Pond. Massachusetts regulations apply to Congamond Lake and Hamilton Reservoir.
Sherman Reservoir, Rowe: Massachusetts regulations apply and MA license required in MA. Vermont regulations apply and VT license required in VT.

Posted Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:35 pm

hay everyone thanks for all the input. Im thinking why not just get two licenses. checking out the prices for non resident NH lic is
$53 for a year-$35 for 7 days- $28 for 3 days and $15 for a day
I guess its not so bad. I personaly think that a NH fish that crosses state lines should be fair game. I would think the fish would be tresspassing it is what it is and its all good
thanks bass hunter 62
o ya the longest river in mass streaches 80 miles from the Echo lake in hopkinton to the habor its the charles river......

Posted Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:56 am

kman

hey I never implied you were dumb. The lakes you posted are all on state borders, I agreed you need duel licenses for bordering waters. Yes its not 100 miles, in fact Plymouth Ma to Salem NH is 83 miles lol You still are claiming that 83 miles away you need a NH license ?

This is just a discussion, I did say I dont know the facts but it did not sound right. Its all good, it dont even matter. I just know I will not worry about having a NH license when I fish in Plymouth Ma.

Sorry, it just made no logical sense, giving the distance between the body of water and the state line. But, this is afterall the State of Massachusetts, which usually means that common sense goes right out the window on almost any topic! I also agree, it's just conversation and should not be taken personal, unless someone makes it personal. Which is usually squashed rather quickly. Afterall, we're fishermen and women (fisherpeople?), who tell no tales, right? Cool

Chuck, I know we won't, but I'd rather see alot more of your profile pick being the case, as well as mine this year for me! Just in the tourneys brother! Laughing

Posted Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:21 pm

The good thing about a fishing forum is that we all learn from each outher.

thanks again to all

Posted Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:44 pm

chuckh

This should clear things up. It's long pond in Tyngsborough and Dracut.

INTERSTATE POND LICENSE REGULATIONS
Wallum Lake, Douglas: fishing permitted by persons duly licensed in Massachusetts or Rhode Island. Rhode Island regulations apply.
Lake Monomonac and Robbins Pond, Winchendon; Long Pond, Tyngsboro and Dracut; Bent Pond, Warwick; Tuxbury Pond, Amesbury: fishing permitted by persons duly licensed in Massachusetts or New Hampshire. New Hampshire regulations
apply.

I would like to note that is says "duly licensed in mass or new Hampshire"

That means all you need is a license from either state not both

If it was both it should say "dually licensed in mass and new Hampshire"

Posted Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:13 pm

MY apologies, I was misinformed by someone.

Posted Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:54 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links