Gotta love urban fishing. Stopped by the Charles on lunch, found a decent spot by a dock and some Lillie pads. Immediately caught a bullhead on a spinner and three small bass that ravaged my Senko. Before I could even get another one out of the bag a gentleman with his toddler son plants himself less than two feet to my left, starts dipping half of his rod into the water and just swirling the lure around in a huge whirlpool pattern right on top of where I was casting while his kid throws rocs at the same spot. I looked at him and said "Really, man?" to which he responded with a hearty laugh and nothing else. Walked away before my blood pressure got any higher.

Posted Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:46 pm

lol good job holding back. Getting your patients tested grows character! Laughing

Posted Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:29 pm

Gotta love clowns

Posted Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:32 pm

Jackass!

Posted Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:56 pm

Yeah, apologies for the soapbox rant, but I figure if anyone would understand the frustration of that kind of situation it'd be you guys, haha. Always better to commiserate with other anglers than to escalate over some fish Smile

Posted Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:27 pm

Tough to act out with a kid there too, regardless of his dad being oblivious to common courtesy. I've also had people bring their dogs right next to where I am fishing and throwing a tennis ball out into the water, almost on top of my lure and definitely where I have clearly been casting. LOVE dogs (have one) and it's not their fault that again, their owner is clueless! I've said things to people and cannot believe that they don't realize how stupid they are and that their dog could possibly be hooked and injured because of it, but in the end somehow I'd be the one who got blamed.

People are friggen morons sometimes!!!

Posted Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:36 pm

I saw the title "jerks" and thought this was going to be about Shawn and Sam

Posted Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:11 am

stratos1966

I saw the title "jerks" and thought this was going to be about Shawn and Sam

9 out of 10 times it would be

Posted Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:22 am

i was actually going to say 9/10 times it's about rich. i was blowing up pond "S" the other week and wanted to text you a picture of the landscape if i had your number. i know you would've lost it seeing those powerlines...

Posted Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:31 am

samf

i was actually going to say 9/10 times it's about rich. i was blowing up pond "S" the other week and wanted to text you a picture of the landscape if i had your number. i know you would've lost it seeing those powerlines...

Then it woulda been about us

Posted Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:58 am

Its a rainy Friday, I'm on vacation and not fishing. I thought.... why not stir the pot a lil.

Posted Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:06 am

on a similar note.. big boaters pushing the kayak and small boaters around... drives me nuts.. I can't tell you how many times I've had to leave a pond before my husband gets arrested cause a faster bass boat has zoomed in right next to us and he's had to move cause of the wake and the fishing pressure, some of the &#@holes that think they own the water need to watch out for the 300lb bald angler with a temper in his jon boat.. just saying

Posted Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:01 am

ha u found those people too i was fishing last weekend in my canoe all alone in this one cove then 25 campers arivve and i here them say from the shoreline that guys in re spot like they own the water and proceed to bombard the cove with lines trying to catch sunfish some people have no code of ethics

Posted Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:12 am

TIme to get out the 1 oz white buck tail for some target practice. With a long enough pole you can get it thru a fiberglass hull

Posted Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:18 pm

LOL nice job look what you started now walleye

Posted Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:28 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links