I thought this was going to be about jerk baits. I'm disappointed Sad

Posted Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:58 pm

The jerk baits are for spring and fall. The jerk come out in force in the summer.

Posted Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:29 pm

I love jerkbaits all year:(

Posted Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:09 pm

I've had luck with them all season too in the past!

Posted Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:39 am

Yea i love jerkbaits esp for smallies they crush em.

Posted Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:36 am

Caught my pb smallie off a large jerk this yr 3.5lber.

Posted Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:52 pm

badlarry

Caught my pb smallie off a large jerk this yr 3.5lber.

Hey Badlarry how quick was your retrieve and pauses? What color? I was killing it on the jerk bait this year and as soon as the water reached 60 the bite has been slowed down with the jerk bait for me.

Posted Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:08 pm

I just moved here.. Behind my place is a part of Sudsbuy...great bass, but JERKS dump trash everywhere! Makes me want to set up a pic cam so I can kick thier trash spewing buts all over hell!

Posted Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:14 am

orkfest

I just moved here.. Behind my place is a part of Sudsbuy...great bass, but JERKS dump trash everywhere! Makes me want to set up a pic cam so I can kick thier trash spewing buts all over hell!

Aaah yes the trash people! I just went to Lake Maspenock last week and someone dump what appears to be a AC unit in the water at the boat launch. There were at least a dozen beer cans in the water ( I was able to grab a few along with some used fishing line and lures) and I must have seen at least a dozen dead sunfish floating? Sucks to see that sh .

Posted Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:25 am

Okfest, r u talkin sud river or the sud res? If u fish the res let me know I live 5 min from there n love that place. Some cow Larrys in there but still lookin for a 3+ smallie out of there.

Posted Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:45 pm

Jamesd, this was in the spring water was def below 60 n long pause between jerks was off 6 in perch pattern. I tend to switch to cranks n soft baits when temps get above 60.Guy just nailed a 4lber at the chu off a pump grn senko which is my go to bait. He also caught it at my fav spot.

Posted Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:51 pm

I'm with roger hate when people have the dogs running around in the water as your fishing i too have a dog and love him to death but has anyone else experienced dogs that non stop bark and yip as you fish drives me CRAZYY Evil or Very Mad

Posted Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:55 pm

what about people that sit in their cars on a boat ramp. no boat, no trailer. just sitting there blocking the way for those who are actually using it.

Posted Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:58 pm

samf

what about people that sit in their cars on a boat ramp. no boat, no trailer. just sitting there blocking the way for those who are actually using it.

First I politely ask them if they can move, so we can load or unload our boat. If they roll their eyes or huff at me, I sarcastically and out loud say "Well it is a boat ramp and we have a boat to move, thank you very much!". 9 out of 10 times there is no issue, at least in my experiences.

Posted Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:13 pm

Wrapped my bobber around a lab once cause jackass owner decided to play fetch right where I was fishing.

Posted Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:21 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links