Here is a bunch of locations I came up with. Feel free to add others but before you do please do your homework and be sure there is parking for at least 10.

CAPE:
Specticle, Peters, Santuit, Upper mill/walkers/ middle/mystic

SE MASS: Geln Charlie, Big Sandy, Mill/Agawam, Sampsons, Billington, Tispaquin, Snipatuit, Oldham, Furnace, East/West Monponsette

Metro West: Sabbatia, Nipanitick,Norton,Winthrop, Farm, Boon, Barehill

Metro North: Knopps Massapoag( Dunstable) Upper Mystic, Cochichewick, Horn

I did not go too far outside 495 to the West or North since I am not sure guys would be willing to travel out there.

Posted Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:27 pm

Looks good Rich!

Posted Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:04 pm

Cool list. How about Great Herring in SE. I think 10 can make it there.

Posted Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:27 pm

stratos1966

Upper mill/walkers/ middle/mystic, Oldham,
Norton, Barehill, Knopps, Massapoag( Dunstable), Upper Mystic, Cochichewick

I edited your post and deleted the ones I would remove. Here are some other great suggestions. I would try to stay away from places that have big boat T's, one dimensional (like the Agawam) or just plain suck.

- James V Turner Reservoir/Central Pond: Seekonk
- Lackey Pond/Meadow Pond (Uxbridge)
- Putnamville Res (Danvers)
- Dark Brook Reservoir (Auburn)
- Baker Pond (Charlton)
- Chauncey (Westboro)
- East Waushacum (Sterling) - would need permit from town)
- Sudbury River (Concord)
- Brooks Pond (North Brookfield)
- Lake Maspenock (Hopkinton)
- Ashland Reservoir
- Hopkinton Reservoir

Last edited by lhpsnd on Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:36 pm

agreed minus Putnamville mainly for parking / launch / accessibility reasons. you really need a dolly for that place and there isn't much parking that I know of.

Posted Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:35 pm

I like most of the choices on both lists....since we have so many options, maybe we could do some weekends where we have Tourney's on both Saturday & Sunday. I know for me personally, I could make more tournies if they were held on Saturday but I understand that MAFF has always hosted them on Sunday. Just something to think about.....

Posted Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:34 pm

I'd be more than happy to help out at the ones I can attend as well. I haven't fished quite a few from Joe's list but I like that they are central in terms of locations.

Posted Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:36 pm

I hear ya Jeff. It's good to see some of the old stand byes, but I like a different variety and the chance to fish new bodies of water. I'm looking forward to some other suggestions and the final schedule!

Posted Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:38 pm

Do you have any suggestions Roger?

Posted Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:27 am

I am going to let this go till the beginning of December. I will keep bumping it up so everyone gets a chance to see it. At that point I will put a full list together. We will try and spread things out so there are as equal as possible amounts of tournies north, west and south.

Posted Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:37 am

stratos1966

I am going to let this go till the beginning of December. I will keep bumping it up so everyone gets a chance to see it. At that point I will put a full list together. We will try and spread things out so there are as equal as possible amounts of tournies north, west and south.

Can we have it go a little longer? Just to be thorough, so we can drag out talking about this as long as possible, and maybegive some of the guys who aren't as active on maff in the winter a chance to weigh in.

Posted Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:54 pm

can we put farm in framingham on the list?

Posted Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:56 pm

fishermanmike

stratos1966

Can we have it go a little longer? Just to be thorough, so we can drag out talking about this as long as possible, and maybegive some of the guys who aren't as active on maff in the winter a chance to weigh in.

Permits need to be had. I believe you can start applying Dec. 1st and it is on a 1st come 1st serve basis. I'd hate to wait till mid January and then try and get permits only to find the date taken.

Farm is already on my list.

Posted Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:03 pm

2014 permits are available oct.1 for next season.Dates were already taken when I inquired about them.

Posted Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:24 pm

Good idea on the lists. Agree should get cracking on permits. I work Sundays so if enough of an over flow was around like the idea of setting up something on a Saturday. Even on a smaller scale.

Would be cool if the ponds had diversified ways to catch them not a bunch of punchfest ponds imo.

Posted Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:47 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links