lhpsnd

Lake Pearl is supposed to be better than average and kick out big LM. Have to pay for a permit to use the ramp I think.

Thanks Joe.

That's what I thought...I've heard there are some good fish in there. Paying for a permit would most likely deter some anglers and keep the fishing pressure down. If the price is right...I say we add this one to the list.

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:25 pm

Can someone who is familiar with Cochichewik in North Andover clear something up for me? I dropped a pin in the picture below on Pleasant street. I have fished a few small cartoppers (6-8 boats) where we launched here and parked on the street. Are there no parking signs here or no trespassing signs? I didn't notice any when I was there but wasn't looking either. I'm wondering if its a resident only ramp or a resident only lake altogether. For example, resident only ramp would mean you have to be a resident to use the ramp but could launch elsewhere and still fish legally. Resident only lake would mean its illegal to fish period as a non resident.

If its only a resident only ramp and there are no no parking signs or no trespassing signs then we could have a cartopper there. From what I understand you only need a permit when using a ramp and ramp parking lot. Man that sounds alot more confusing than it is. Damn massachusetts and access issues!

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:30 pm

angler21

lhpsnd

Lake Pearl is supposed to be better than average and kick out big LM. Have to pay for a permit to use the ramp I think.

Thanks Joe.

That's what I thought...I've heard there are some good fish in there. Paying for a permit would most likely deter some anglers and keep the fishing pressure down. If the price is right...I say we add this one to the list.

Not sure if this is still current Jeff but it looks like a non resident permit is $75.

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:49 pm

kman

http://www.townofnorthandover.com/pages/nandoverma_dpw/wtp/boating

Thanks Kman. Only a $50 non criminal fine for fishing without a sticker. Not bad!
Cross that one off the list Rich.

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:53 pm

Ya that is correct. I live near by and there is always a guy there checking stickers. We got it one year and haven't gotten it since.

Not sure if this is still current Jeff but it looks like a non resident permit is $75.

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:04 pm

Can someone who is familiar with Cochichewik in North Andover clear something up for me? I dropped a pin in the picture below on Pleasant street. I have fished a few small cartoppers (6-8 boats) where we launched here and parked on the street. Are there no parking signs here or no trespassing signs?

The no parking signs are only for certain stretches of the road, there are no "No Trespassing" signs. Yes, there is a small amount of off road (barely) parking, but there is no way in hell will a larger tournament be allowed there (for boats, maybe/unless you "donate" to The Town of North Andover). If there's too many cars in that area, I'll put money down that the cops will be called and cars will be towed. Since you say you fished here before, you also know the demographics of this area. They don't want outsiders and don't want to be inconvenienced at all.

This is one of my favorite fishing spots, and yes, I have the combo to the small lot, but please, stop pm'ing me for the combo, I'm not giving it out.

While I would LOVE to see a tourney here, it's just not a prudent place to have one due to the demographics. If you really want to feel the wrath of how the .001% (not 1%) side truly lives, then by all means try. This is a fantastic fishing place, and as long as the pressure remains low and doesn't piss anyone off it will remain that way, any indication to those that live in that area changes, it will be ruined for everyone.

/2 cents

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:40 pm

definitely not worth the hassle.

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:16 pm

I am 98% sure I am just going to put in for Upper Mystic again

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:35 pm

fishingwithkids

Can someone who is familiar with Cochichewik in North Andover clear something up for me? I dropped a pin in the picture below on Pleasant street. I have fished a few small cartoppers (6-8 boats) where we launched here and parked on the street. Are there no parking signs here or no trespassing signs?

The no parking signs are only for certain stretches of the road, there are no "No Trespassing" signs. Yes, there is a small amount of off road (barely) parking, but there is no way in hell will a larger tournament be allowed there (for boats, maybe/unless you "donate" to The Town of North Andover). If there's too many cars in that area, I'll put money down that the cops will be called and cars will be towed. Since you say you fished here before, you also know the demographics of this area. They don't want outsiders and don't want to be inconvenienced at all.

This is one of my favorite fishing spots, and yes, I have the combo to the small lot, but please, stop pm'ing me for the combo, I'm not giving it out.

While I would LOVE to see a tourney here, it's just not a prudent place to have one due to the demographics. If you really want to feel the wrath of how the .001% (not 1%) side truly lives, then by all means try. This is a fantastic fishing place, and as long as the pressure remains low and doesn't piss anyone off it will remain that way, any indication to those that live in that area changes, it will be ruined for everyone.

/2 cents

stop mentioning in every post that you have the combo and maybe people will stop asking you for it. duh. I have the combo now too, bully for me.

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:43 pm

stop mentioning in every post that you have the combo and maybe people will stop asking you for it. duh. I have the combo now too, bully for me

When you can control the amount of PM's asking for the combo let me know.

If you want to give out the combo, that's on you.

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:14 pm

I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or not but for the record I never PM'ed anyone asking for a gate combo. But after reading the regulations, I agree it is not worth the hassle.

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:19 pm

fishingwithkids

stop mentioning in every post that you have the combo and maybe people will stop asking you for it. duh. I have the combo now too, bully for me

When you can control the amount of PM's asking for the combo let me know.

If you want to give out the combo, that's on you.

I dont have an issue with you not giving it out. If you stop saying you have it might go a long way to stop the pm's.

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:33 pm

You will get fined at pearl. Its got some good fish in it but can be hard to fish

Posted Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:38 pm

what about Johns pond or Ashumet pond on cape? and Long pond in plymouth?

Posted Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:33 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links