You can launch cartoppers from the town ramp/parking lot. You only need a sticker to launch a trailered/big boat or park in the designated trailer spots. The other parking spots don't require a sticker. All that said the fishing is better before Memorial Day or after Labor Day anyways with less boat traffic and an open beach to weigh in at. Get a permit thru the state and you're good to go. And ban the aircrafts while you're at it - just kidding.

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:36 pm

The Environmental Police were also there the last time, so make sure everything is in order (boat registration, fishing license, pfd, etc.). Should be ready every week for that, just in case.

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:37 pm

pocketfisherman

The Environmental Police were also there the last time, so make sure everything is in order (boat registration, fishing license, pfd, etc.). Should be ready every week for that, just in case.

It was refreshing too see them around though

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:59 pm

I agree Bobby. We always have our stuff together now, just in case and because it's the law. The Environmental Police are some of the most under funded people in Massachusetts. We need more of them to protect our sport and to keep it fun and safe for all. As diligent and respectful that we try to be, there are more fisherman and trails out there that aren't.

Posted Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:15 am

Anyone else have any sites they wan to add?

Posted Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:50 am

I just spent 170 bucks on three swimbaits sober.

Posted Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:49 pm

jfish

I just put 3 on my Christmas list. Hope Santa is good to me!!

Posted Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:13 pm

jfish

Material cost was less than $30, for all three. Skill level to make was even less. Learn from mistake.

Posted Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:14 pm

Posted Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:07 pm

What about cleveland pond in abington plenty of parking

Posted Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:30 pm

jfish

What did you get?

Posted Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:08 am

I'm going to pump out a schedule pending permits at some point this weekend.

Posted Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:33 am

Great job Rich!!!

Posted Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:44 am

Thanks Rich!

Posted Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:45 am

kizel13

What about cleveland pond in abington plenty of parking

Ames Knoll?? That would be cool but only if you could get the Ranger to open the gate for launching and loading, otherwise it's quite the walk to get your boat in there! even worse on the way back with the hill.
I couldn't imagine Neil or Rich getting their boats to the water without the gate being opened!

I live right through the trees and have never put my boat in there because of the walk from the lot. and I have a 12' Crawdad (but it's a lil bit heavier then most due to customization's)

But with that said if they could get the gate opened I have always wanted to fish the back side of that place!!!
My biggest from the shore there last year was a 5 1/2 lb. fatty
and I have a feeling there is some beasts in there where u need a boat to get to.

Posted Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:18 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links