lake Rico

Posted Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:00 am

I'm brand new to this site and joined to get into car top tourneys. It seems that many fisherman in my area want to fish these tourneys but have had trouble getting into them. Is there room for a second league or is it time to expand?

Has anyone considered a second division centered in the Metrowest. We have 6-8 solid teams already fishing up here not to mention some part timers.

We already fish many lakes up here capeable of handling 12-15 boats. You had mentioned Winthrop, and Farm but we also have other lakes accessable that we could get a schedule together easily.

These include Chauncy, Ashland Res, The north lake of Cochitchuate (sp?), White hall, Hopkinton Res, Farm pond in Sherborn, Lake Maspenock, Dudly. I'm sure there are a few more.

Regards.....Weedman

Posted Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:29 pm

weedman

I'm brand new to this site and joined to get into car top tourneys. It seems that many fisherman in my area want to fish these tourneys but have had trouble getting into them. Is there room for a second league or is it time to expand?

Has anyone considered a second division centered in the Metrowest. We have 6-8 solid teams already fishing up here not to mention some part timers.

We already fish many lakes up here capeable of handling 12-15 boats. You had mentioned Winthrop, and Farm but we also have other lakes accessable that we could get a schedule together easily.

These include Chauncy, Ashland Res, The north lake of Cochitchuate (sp?), White hall, Hopkinton Res, Farm pond in Sherborn, Lake Maspenock, Dudly. I'm sure there are a few more.

Regards.....Weedman

That'd be nice.

Posted Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:45 pm

weedman

Regards.....Weedman

It's a public site. You can do as you like. We keep the number of boats to 10-12 for most places so we are not fishing on top of one another.We are going to try and get to that 12 boat number as much as possible and for 1-2 we might go to 15 like Billington and knopps. 15 boats on some of the places you mentioned would be crowded IMO. We try and spread things out so that guys from all areas can fish and everyone has equal travel throughout the year.
The sign up for a tourney is the Sunday before at 8pm. So if a tourney is scheduled for April 14th, the sign up would be April 7th at 8pm. Its a 1st come 1st serve basis. We hardly ever had a waiting list last season, when we did guys usually got in because someone else dropped out.
If you do decide to start your own trail I just ask that you maybe do saturdays or in the very least not pick the same date we have already chose.

Posted Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:27 pm

Lake Mascuppic in Dracut. Plenty of parking . Can be a bit busy on the weekend.. Might be a bit far .Most of you all seem to be down south or west.

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:31 am

Just a friendly suggestion, but I'd also like to see a few more tourneys held north of the Mass Pike.

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:04 pm

pocketfisherman

Just a friendly suggestion, but I'd also like to see a few more tourneys held north of the Mass Pike.

Like where?

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:20 pm

We've said 3 or 4 so far. How about some suggestions from you Mr. Awesome, other than repeatedly saying "pave it"? Confused

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:18 pm

Ashland res?

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:24 pm

shawneramone

pocketfisherman

Like where?

Amesbury / Merrimac Lake Attitash
Amesbury Lake Gardner
Andover Pomps Pond
Arlington Spy Pond
Arlington / Medford / Winchester Upper Mystic Lake
Ashland Ashland Reservoir
Ashland / Hopkinton Hopkinton Reservoir
Billerica Nutting Lake
Boston Jamaica Pond
Boxford Baldpate Pond
Boxford Stiles Pond
Brookline Brookline Reservoir
Chelmsford Newfield Pond
Concord Walden Pond
Concord White Pond
Danvers Putnamville Reservoir
Dracut / Tyngsboro Long Pond
Framingham / Natick / Wayland Lake Cochituate
Framingham Farm Pond
Georgetown Pentucket Pond
Georgetown Rock Pond
Groton Duck Pond
Groton Knops Pond
Hamilton Beck Pond
Hamilton / Essex Chebacco Lake
Haverhill Lake Pentucket
Haverhill Lake Saltonstall
Hopkinton North Pond
Hopkinton Whitehall Pond
Littleton Long Pond
Lynn Flax Pond
Lynn Sluice Pond
Lynnfield Pillings Pond
Methuen Forest Lake
Natick Dug Pond
North Andover Stearns Pond
Pepperell Heald Pond
Randolph / Canton Ponkapoag Pond
Sharon Massapoag Pond
Southborough / Marlborough Sudbury Reservoir
Stoughton Ames Long Pond
Tyngsborough Althea Lake
Tyngsborough Flint Pond
Tyngsborough / Dracut Mascuppic Lake
Wakefield Lake Quannapowitt
Wenham Pleasant Pond
Westford / Littleton Forge Pond
Westford Long Sought For Pond
Westford Nabnasset Pond
Wilmington Silver Lake
Winchester Wedge Pond
Woburn Horn Pond
Wrentham Lake Archer
Wrentham Lake Pearl

Thats the entire "Pond Maps - Northeast District" from the MA Fisheries & Wildlife. Is that enough choices?

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:36 pm

That's not very specific Roger.

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:55 pm

HAlf of them are pavable

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:01 pm

I know, but pick away people! Sometimes you forget places and need to be reminded, so here is a list. You're welcome everyone! Cool

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:01 pm

Has anyone fished Lake Pearl in Wrentham, I've always been curious of that place.

Nice work on the list Roger.

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:06 pm

Lake Pearl is supposed to be better than average and kick out big LM. Have to pay for a permit to use the ramp I think.

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:22 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links