sinista

kman

Neil, will placing in a previous tourney secure a spot in upcoming tourney?

No...the only spot that can be secured is for those who make the finals in each division , top 15 secure a spot.

We will how ever offer spots to all the MAFF teams that want to fish the 100$ opens at Long Pond Harwich before opening the rest of the spots to the public

What about bribes?

Posted Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:12 pm

shawneramone

sinista

kman

Neil, will placing in a previous tourney secure a spot in upcoming tourney?

No...the only spot that can be secured is for those who make the finals in each division , top 15 secure a spot.

We will how ever offer spots to all the MAFF teams that want to fish the 100$ opens at Long Pond Harwich before opening the rest of the spots to the public

What about bribes?

No bribes will be taken !

Posted Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:14 pm

Two questions.....

1. Who is the "Tournament Director for that day"? Does that just mean Neil, Rich or Ken or are teams going to be asked to host tourneys again this year and they will therefore be the Tournament Directors for the day (providing they show)? Just curious.

2. Similar to what Kman asked earlier. If you win a tourney, do you get an automatic first right of refusal for the next tourney? His question was worded "if teams placed". My question is "if you win". Is that basically the same in the eyes of the board?

Was just wondering is all, I promise. We got our weigh bag for the 2013 season already, as well as some gear. Good job on getting the permits early Neil and I hope you had some help. I can only speak for myself when I say I'd of helped to get whatever you needed, and I'm sure others would have gladly helped you out in that area too. I know you're passionate about what you do, but don't sweat passing off some work to the rest of us. It's a lot for one person to do by themselves. This is a community forum and we should all share in the labors of maintaining and running it, keeping it fun and enjoyable for everyone on it. Don't be too proud, just ask is all I'm saying brother! Sometime it takes a village!

Posted Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:20 am

pocketfisherman

Two questions.....

1. Who is the "Tournament Director for that day"? Does that just mean Neil, Rich or Ken or are teams going to be asked to host tourneys again this year and they will therefore be the Tournament Directors for the day (providing they show)? Just curious.

2. Similar to what Kman asked earlier. If you win a tourney, do you get an automatic first right of refusal for the next tourney? His question was worded "if teams placed". My question is "if you win". Is that basically the same in the eyes of the board?

Was just wondering is all, I promise. We got our weigh bag for the 2013 season already, as well as some gear. Good job on getting the permits early Neil and I hope you had some help. I can only speak for myself when I say I'd of helped to get whatever you needed, and I'm sure others would have gladly helped you out in that area too. I know you're passionate about what you do, but don't sweat passing off some work to the rest of us. It's a lot for one person to do by themselves. This is a community forum and we should all share in the labors of maintaining and running it, keeping it fun and enjoyable for everyone on it. Don't be too proud, just ask is all I'm saying brother! Sometime it takes a village!

I plan on being at every event, ill be transporting the weigh station with me which consists of a card table, a slop sink, 4 laundry baskets and the scale, because this was my idea ill tote it around everywhere, we undoubtedly will still need help getting the weigh line set up as well as guys to work the tubs and take photos.

2) its going to run like it always has.. to fish, you have to post doesn't matter if you finished 1st or 31st the week before

Posted Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:25 am

Nice work on the permits Neil!! It' going to be a long winter.Roger I think sharing the reigns is a good idea,but it can also have some disadvantages too.Last year we did that and we had a couple of no shows which led to confusion.Then we didn't know about the lunker and biggest bag payouts.I think anyone that wants to help at the ramp and weigh in will be most welcome but directors should be minimized so things stay consistent.You know the old saying too many cooks spoil the soup.

Posted Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:36 am

No sweat guys, thanks for the answers. See you on the water for the 2013 season!

Posted Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:31 pm

I'm getting an aircraft carrier with my tax money

Posted Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:08 pm

shawneramone

Don't do it, save for another year a just buy a used bass boat, if I had the chance to do it over that what I would have done, don't get me wrong they are sweet but for 2,500$ you can buy a ton of used boats out there. After all is said and done between labor and material and all the headaches it would have been a lot easier to just buy a used boat

Posted Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Neil... awesome job. Spent about an hour today looking at the list of lakes and then the links to the lake maps.

I am just going to go into hibernation now and wake up on St. Patty's day and start practicing.. otherwise I'm going crazy.. hate winter!!

Posted Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:59 pm

dhutch

Neil... awesome job. Spent about an hour today looking at the list of lakes and then the links to the lake maps.

I am just going to go into hibernation now and wake up on St. Patty's day and start practicing.. otherwise I'm going crazy.. hate winter!!

Thanks Doug, I just fished my last event today and just the thought of packing it up is depressing but it'll be all worth it come spring

Posted Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:02 pm

sinista

shawneramone

Don't do it, save for another year a just buy a used bass boat, if I had the chance to do it over that what I would have done, don't get me wrong they are sweet but for 2,500$ you can buy a ton of used boats out there. After all is said and done between labor and material and all the headaches it would have been a lot easier to just buy a used boat

If I can get one used I will but my boat is too small. I don't like having 2 people on it anymore. I don't like sitting and fishing so If I don't see one that's perfect for me used I'm buying one from bass pro. I can't go another season on mine. There's no way I could ever save that money for a year either. It's impossible

Posted Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:49 pm

shawneramone

sinista

shawneramone

If I can get one used I will but my boat is too small. I don't like having 2 people on it anymore. I don't like sitting and fishing so If I don't see one that's perfect for me used I'm buying one from bass pro. I can't go another season on mine. There's no way I could ever save that money for a year either. It's impossible

My hull was $1,100 brand new at Bass Pro there a dime a dozen on sites like Craigslist for that matter take a trip down the cape to any local pond , every neighbor down there has 6 boats in their yard they are not using I'm sure somebody is willing to sell one that floats real cheap.

Posted Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:00 pm

sinista

shawneramone

That's exactly my plan. Income tax returns plus a few bucks put aside is going to hopefully put me in a bass boat for 2013. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you too Shawn!

Posted Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:19 pm

pocketfisherman

sinista

shawneramone

That's exactly my plan. Income tax returns plus a few bucks put aside is going to hopefully put me in a bass boat for 2013. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you too Shawn!

Good for you, you deserve it bud!

Posted Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:29 pm

The Norton in August. I live on the lake and will come out to see the show. You guys won't need boats, that place gets so thick with weeds, you'll be able to walk to your spots! LOL! Very Happy

Posted Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:00 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links