shawneramone

stratos1966

sinista

stratos1966

jbigun

Why would you ever want to limit yourself to one company? If you had to, there is only one company that cones to mind that would cover most techniques, strike king. You could be just like STRATOS!!!!

Listen to this guy. he knows what he is talking about.

^this guy is my hero! I fish what stratos fishes I want to be just like him when I grow up.......minus the 19 children!

Now all I need is a house on Oldham so i can fish the 57 tournaments MAFF is having there next year.

Only 57??? WTF???

We had to skip Mothers day and the 4th of July. Sorry Shawn

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:05 am

berkleegrad

I think Beattie23 is just suffering from information overload and is trying to simplify the process before his brain explodes. I empathize with the guy. Frankly, I think catching fish is less about the lure than the technique. I bet you that the most successful guys on this board fish with the same handful of lures 90% of the time. My recommendation would be to get a lighter and darker color of each type of lure you like to fish, so 2 jigs, 2 spinnerbaits, 2 worms, 2 floating crankbaits, 2 sinking/suspending crankbaits, 2 frogs. Did I miss anything?

drop shot!

i 100% agree with stratos. i have a bunch of different brands to cover different techniques and specific lure qualities but i have a ton of zoom plastics. they have just about everything.

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:19 am

I bet if we knew the truth about pros is that they don't even just stick to sponsors brand exclusively.
They only show you the sponsors lures on camera or in a interview.
The other stuff if hidden. Just my 2 cents.

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:13 am

stratos1966

shawneramone

stratos1966

sinista

stratos1966

jbigun

Why would you ever want to limit yourself to one company? If you had to, there is only one company that cones to mind that would cover most techniques, strike king. You could be just like STRATOS!!!!

^this guy is my hero! I fish what stratos fishes I want to be just like him when I grow up.......minus the 19 children!

Now all I need is a house on Oldham so i can fish the 57 tournaments MAFF is having there next year.

Only 57??? WTF???

Then I'll use those days to prefish

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:24 am

bass pro has some good stuff and some crappy stuff. i only like one type of soft plastic they have i like their rods. i don't like their spinnerbaits.( they break and fowl up often.) i agree most brands have their specialty. i try to find whatever lure company makes the best type of bait for the type of fishing im going to be doing.

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:34 am

shawneramone

stratos1966

shawneramone

stratos1966

sinista

stratos1966

jbigun

Only 57??? WTF???

Then I'll use those days to prefish

THATS WHY HE iS AOY

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:43 am

I was like that a long time ago, however Ive found that through experience you will eventually weed out the crap companies and products. As everyone has said it will be tough to find 1-2 companies for everything. I probably have 7-8 different companies crank baits, but certainly have my preferences and the majority of my collection is made up of those 1-2 companies.

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:46 am

I try to be open minded about what I purchase but more than anything I try to stick with what works and in my case it's overwhelmingly Zoom baits.

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:59 am

jwall046

I bet if we knew the truth about pros is that they don't even just stick to sponsors brand exclusively.
They only show you the sponsors lures on camera or in a interview.
The other stuff if hidden. Just my 2 cents.

I believe it!

I could never imagine sticking with one company. They are SOO many different company's that make all kinds of lures. Some of which you may have never even heard about!.

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:24 pm

fishermanmike

bass pro has some good stuff and some crappy stuff. i only like one type of soft plastic they have i like their rods. i don't like their spinnerbaits.( they break and fowl up often.) i agree most brands have their specialty. i try to find whatever lure company makes the best type of bait for the type of fishing im going to be doing.

Agreed!

I have found that each bait or lure company does somethings well. Such as.

Booyah - spinner baits & jigs
ZOOM - any plastic
Gary Yam- Senkos
Strike king - Cranks

Its trial & error until you find the right bait/lure for you.

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:48 pm

So to answer your question ....it's trial and error ...until your brain explodes..........

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:59 pm

berkleegrad

I think Beattie23 is just suffering from information overload and is trying to simplify the process before his brain explodes. I empathize with the guy. Frankly, I think catching fish is less about the lure than the technique. I bet you that the most successful guys on this board fish with the same handful of lures 90% of the time. My recommendation would be to get a lighter and darker color of each type of lure you like to fish, so 2 jigs, 2 spinnerbaits, 2 worms, 2 floating crankbaits, 2 sinking/suspending crankbaits, 2 frogs. Did I miss anything?

yes you did, 2 asprin for days where none of that works!! LMAO

I fish with the same baits 100% of the time very rarely if ever do I stray from them

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:08 pm

same here but how many different brands?

regarding pros using something other than their sponsors, that's absolutely true.

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:10 pm

I personally have 5-6 companies that I use (Zoom, GYCB, Stanley, Strike King for the most part), I was just curious to see if anyone tried to stick with particular manufacturers.

I am going to try Keitech this Spring. I guess my 2-3 company list isn't going to happen anytime soon. Too many out there to try

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:36 pm

I do with jerk baits i only use luckycraft .

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:44 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links