kizel13

stratos1966

True story: I know a guy who is an avid Big fish fisherman who works at a local wholesale shiner distributor. He has this customer who comes in once a month and orders 1000's of shiners. He got to talking to the guy because he is not a bait store owner. Turns out the guy owns a private bog and built his own private bog pond and stocks the shiners for the bass. Well my friend was given the privilege to fish this pond for a 2 hour period last summer. His best 5 in 2 hours was 41lbs. His biggest he said was 9lbs. He said he caught 25+ fish in the 2 hours and none were under 4lbs. This was only in one 2 hour window on 1 day, with 2 rods and 2 different baits and from shore too.
You actually might see this place pop up in the next year or 2. The guy talked about opening it up as a "pay to fish" pond. $200 a day is what i was told was going to be the asking price.

I would definitely pay that to be able to fish a place like that
locally

I agree Rich it would def. be worth it.

I would never pay that kind of money to fish a pond. There's no better feeling than pulling a 20lb bag out of a public lake. Hell if it comes to that I'll quit fishing all together. I'll pay a guide to fish down south but thats as far as it goes.

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:54 pm

tommyboy

kizel13

stratos1966

True story: I know a guy who is an avid Big fish fisherman who works at a local wholesale shiner distributor. He has this customer who comes in once a month and orders 1000's of shiners. He got to talking to the guy because he is not a bait store owner. Turns out the guy owns a private bog and built his own private bog pond and stocks the shiners for the bass. Well my friend was given the privilege to fish this pond for a 2 hour period last summer. His best 5 in 2 hours was 41lbs. His biggest he said was 9lbs. He said he caught 25+ fish in the 2 hours and none were under 4lbs. This was only in one 2 hour window on 1 day, with 2 rods and 2 different baits and from shore too.
You actually might see this place pop up in the next year or 2. The guy talked about opening it up as a "pay to fish" pond. $200 a day is what i was told was going to be the asking price.

I would definitely pay that to be able to fish a place like that
locally

I agree Rich it would def. be worth it.

I would never pay that kind of money to fish a pond. There's no better feeling than pulling a 20lb bag out of a public lake. Hell if it comes to that I'll quit fishing all together. I'll pay a guide to fish down south but thats as far as it goes.

Totally agree!!!

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:16 pm

me too, its like shooting fenced in Deer around a feeding machine. Where is the challenge?

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:17 pm

Seriously??? Im sure there is no difference in the number of fish, just the size. So you can go catch ten 2 lbers for free of go catch ten fish between 5 and 8 lbs..... sign me up

You would pay a guide and buy his shiners to catch fish 5-8 lbs but not pay someone to fish alone , on your own to do the same.....

MAKES NO SENSE!!

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Paying to fish a stocked bog pond in MA just doesn't sound like fun to me. Paying a guide to fish a large body of water like Falcon, baccarac, Erie, etc. would be more my style. To each their own though.

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:13 pm

I like big bass and I cannot lie!!! What?.........

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:02 pm

emerton

You other anglers can't deny , that when Sin walks in with a 20lb bag and a 7 lb kicker bass you get sprung . When I roll up tough cuz you noticed his bag was stuffed! Baby Got Bass ! Sir-fish-alot

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:31 pm

sinista

emerton

You other anglers can't deny , that when Sin walks in with a 20lb bag and a 7 lb kicker bass you get sprung . When I roll up tough cuz you noticed his bag was stuffed! Baby Got Bass ! Sir-fish-alot

OMG!! thats funny ish right there!!

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:37 pm

emerton

sinista

emerton

OMG!! thats funny ish right there!!

Oh Larry I wanna get wit cha, and take your picture , my homeboy tried to warn me but that gut you got makes me so horney!

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:49 pm

stratos1966

Seriously??? Im sure there is no difference in the number of fish, just the size. So you can go catch ten 2 lbers for free of go catch ten fish between 5 and 8 lbs..... sign me up

You would pay a guide and buy his shiners to catch fish 5-8 lbs but not pay someone to fish alone , on your own to do the same.....

MAKES NO SENSE!!

I would pay a guide to fish lake Fork or Lake Okeechobee because thats a big body of water to just rent a boat and go! It's totally different then going to a stocked or bass farm and paying $200.00 and stand on shore casting your wacky worm so you can catch some big fish. Hell you wanna catch big bass? Put time on the water and learn how to do it. A friend of mine has a small pond on his property with several big bass. I'll take my son next spring so he can enjoy catching one but it'll be a cold day in hell if I try. So yes it makes sence to me but maybe not to you Wink

Why would you wanna go fish a puddle for $200.00 to potentially catch big fish? So you can post some pics and have people go eww and ahhh? It's like someone here said, do you feel proud shooting a deer in a caged pen?

Posted Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:58 am

tommyboy

stratos1966

MAKES NO SENSE!!

I would pay a guide to fish lake Fork or Lake Okeechobee because thats a big body of water to just rent a boat and go! It's totally different then going to a stocked or bass farm and paying $200.00 and stand on shore casting your wacky worm so you can catch some big fish. Hell you wanna catch big bass? Put time on the water and learn how to do it. A friend of mine has a small pond on his property with several big bass. I'll take my son next spring so he can enjoy catching one but it'll be a cold day in hell if I try. So yes it makes sence to me but maybe not to you Wink

Why would you wanna go fish a puddle for $200.00 to potentially catch big fish? So you can post some pics and have people go eww and ahhh? It's like someone here said, do you feel proud shooting a deer in a caged pen?

Sad to say tom but some guys would, foolish if you ask me

Posted Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:10 am

sinista

tommyboy

stratos1966

MAKES NO SENSE!!

And thats why this country is the best! People have the option to do what they want. I'm only speaking for myself and not for anyone else. I'd rather spend $200.00 on a new reel or 4 1.5 oz flipping weights! Laughing

Posted Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:17 am

tommyboy

sinista

tommyboy

stratos1966

MAKES NO SENSE!!

And thats why this country is the best! People have the option to do what they want. I'm only speaking for myself and not for anyone else. I'd rather spend $200.00 on a new reel or 4 1.5 oz flipping weights! Laughing

Me too! Those must be the gold plated tungstens.....

Posted Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:23 am

sinista

tommyboy

sinista

tommyboy

stratos1966

MAKES NO SENSE!!

Me too! Those must be the gold plated tungstens.....

I LOVE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!!!

Can I paint their yoo hoo's gold? It's kinda my thing

Posted Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:27 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links