I broke it already at oldham just felt bad taking the record away from the guy so i just let it go in koi pond

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:20 pm

stratos1966

True story: I know a guy who is an avid Big fish fisherman who works at a local wholesale shiner distributor. He has this customer who comes in once a month and orders 1000's of shiners. He got to talking to the guy because he is not a bait store owner. Turns out the guy owns a private bog and built his own private bog pond and stocks the shiners for the bass. Well my friend was given the privilege to fish this pond for a 2 hour period last summer. His best 5 in 2 hours was 41lbs. His biggest he said was 9lbs. He said he caught 25+ fish in the 2 hours and none were under 4lbs. This was only in one 2 hour window on 1 day, with 2 rods and 2 different baits and from shore too.
You actually might see this place pop up in the next year or 2. The guy talked about opening it up as a "pay to fish" pond. $200 a day is what i was told was going to be the asking price.

I would definitely pay that to be able to fish a place like that
locally

I agree Rich it would def. be worth it.

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:22 pm

I'm still trying for a 7 pounder

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:24 pm

stratos1966

True story: I know a guy who is an avid Big fish fisherman who works at a local wholesale shiner distributor. He has this customer who comes in once a month and orders 1000's of shiners. He got to talking to the guy because he is not a bait store owner. Turns out the guy owns a private bog and built his own private bog pond and stocks the shiners for the bass. Well my friend was given the privilege to fish this pond for a 2 hour period last summer. His best 5 in 2 hours was 41lbs. His biggest he said was 9lbs. He said he caught 25+ fish in the 2 hours and none were under 4lbs. This was only in one 2 hour window on 1 day, with 2 rods and 2 different baits and from shore too.
You actually might see this place pop up in the next year or 2. The guy talked about opening it up as a "pay to fish" pond. $200 a day is what i was told was going to be the asking price.

I would definitely pay that to be able to fish a place like that locally

Pay to fish places are popular everywhere except in the North East. The only one I am aware of is the Berkshire Fishing Club. In Fisherman just ran an article last month about pay to fish catfish lakes in Ohio, they even have tournaments on them. Its pretty much a untapped resource that could be a cash cow if the fishing is good.

$200 is not that much when you consider most guided trips for the day start at $400. I would do it in a heart beat.

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:28 pm

Well if i win the lottery your all welcome to come fish my private pond for free Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:36 pm

i live to fish in places im not allowed this is where the big fish are ive gotten so many fines haha

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:41 pm

I have friends in Ohio that talk about pay lakes for catfish. Somehow I don't see the fun in that. I feel the same way about stocked trout. I don't think I'd like it if I paid to catch my PB. I'd have to have separate categories for PB caught in the wild. PB caught with a guide. PB caught at a pay lake.

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:42 pm

the state record was caught in a southern state lake and transported here along with another giant bass caught down the street from sampsons at muddy pond....the bass caught at muddy pond weighed 13.5# only 2 years apart....anybody think this isnt possible?....how did a peacock bass get caught at webster lake this summer?....it swam up the river?

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:35 pm

Alot of states south of us. Haven't even came close to 15lbs.
Either there was absolutely perfect conditions in that place. Or it was a faulty scale. A 15lbser in MA is unbelievable.

The amount of spots that have bass rather its a pond, a puddle, a river or a lake, is amazing. Who knows. There could be a spot miles out in the woods with a 16lbser swimming.

I know of a spot. I think it's private. It holds some monsters I garuntee it. Just gota sneak in there. To get a couple of cast.

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:41 pm

Here's an example of how few and far between 10's are. Out of the eight Elite Series events held this year only one bass over 10 lb was caught Exclamation Greg Hackney caught a 10-9 on the St. Johns River.

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:35 am

wojo

thow did a peacock bass get caught at webster lake this summer?....it swam up the river?

The peacock was probably someones pet. I caught a albino oscar in the Charles River a couple of years ago. Lol that is probably a state record oscar!

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:56 am

don51

Here's an example of how few and far between 10's are. Out of the eight Elite Series events held this year only one bass over 10 lb was caught Exclamation Greg Hackney caught a 10-9 on the St. Johns River.

Hard to say, on one hand they fish a lot of places that have kicked out 10+ on the tour(Unlike what we fish around here). But on the other, comparing these top rated high pressure big T lakes to some swamp around here is too farfetched. Falcon lake has kicked out more 10+ then there are people on this board.

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:15 am

don51

Wait till next year at Falcon. 5 will probably get caught during the derby, and another 10 or so will go down in practice.

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:40 am

Somehow talking about the ma state record turns to the elite series and falcon lake which has Florida strain bass - I love these discussions LOL

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:21 am

wojo

the state record was caught in a southern state lake and transported here along with another giant bass caught down the street from sampsons at muddy pond....the bass caught at muddy pond weighed 13.5# only 2 years apart....anybody think this isnt possible?....how did a peacock bass get caught at webster lake this summer?....it swam up the river?

Florida strain LMB would not survive winter water temps here. The record bass, where ever it was caught was caught through the ice.

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:22 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links