I lost a tip of a rod on a car door a couple years ago (not practicing, although I could use the practice). And as others have said, put on a new guide/rod tip which you can get for a couple bucks, and you got yourself a slightly shorter and more stout rod ready to go!

Posted Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:17 pm

fffffffffffffff

Last edited by stevelibs on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:30 pm

stratos1966

Put a new top guide on it and use it for a slop/frog rod. Load up with 65lb braid and bomb away with no fear of not getting a sloid hookset.

This could work...thanks

Posted Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:49 pm

just put a new top eye on my st croix, the fuji eyes at bass pro were like 2.50, with a little bit of loctite and its like new

Posted Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:02 pm

my vendetta had one eyelet that was cracking and about to fall off and i went to basspro looking for some type of apoxy to hold it in place and i had help finding flexement in the fly department, i have been putting generoous coats of it not only on the broken eyelet but on others to prevent that issue from reoccuring. but once the glue dries it will flex with your rod, so it wont crack again

Posted Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:06 pm

What kind of rod is it? I know I sent a G.Loomis back that I bought from a friend and got a brand new one for a small fee ($50.00 I think) They have no way of monitoring who is the original owner.

Posted Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:41 pm

If anybody has issues with a rod try Al Cappy rods. He is fixing my crankbait rod. He comes well recommended from local bass guys

cappyrods@aol.com

Posted Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:44 pm

If anybody has issues with a rod try Al Cappy rods. He is fixing my crankbait rod. He comes well recommended from local bass guys

cappyrods@aol.com

Posted Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:44 pm

I just bought a new one

Posted Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:28 pm

shawneramone

I just bought a new one

Whadya get?

Posted Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:48 pm

jwall046

shawneramone

I just bought a new one

Whadya get?

I bought the same kind as I broke. A 7'6 field and stream medium heavy with a fast tip for pitching and flipping with a side of swimbait

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:34 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links