bassinbrooksy

kamilfishes

a good XH 8ft rod with a high speed reel and 65lb braid heavy weight skirt heavy flippin hook your favorite plastic and tied on with an improved clinch knot and youll be gettin bass all day

improved clinch + braid =recipe for failure...

I learned that lesson the hard way striper fishing last year. The knot just pulled out. Imagine that was the only knot I knew too. I googled it and learned the polamar knot using my iphone

Posted Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:27 pm

you'll be good with the modified snell or snell. don't get hooks with bad keepers. there are way too many very sharp and strong hooks that solved that whole keeper mess.

Posted Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:33 pm

shawneramone

bassinbrooksy

kamilfishes

a good XH 8ft rod with a high speed reel and 65lb braid heavy weight skirt heavy flippin hook your favorite plastic and tied on with an improved clinch knot and youll be gettin bass all day

improved clinch + braid =recipe for failure...

I learned that lesson the hard way striper fishing last year. The knot just pulled out. Imagine that was the only knot I knew too. I googled it and learned the polamar knot using my iphone

I remember when it was my only knot lol now I don't use it with mono anymore in favor of a trilene knot. I remember researching the living crap out of braid for a month before ever buying a spool so I knew what I was getting myself into. I tried a number of knots that are braid no nos to see what happened and the improved clinch among others slipped and fell apart from just me pulling on the hook lol.as far as braid knots go I pretty much only use a palomar or double palomar ( if I'm froggin I go double) unless I'm flippin in which case I'll snell and on occasion if my lure is to big to fit in the loop ill tie a uni knot. As for mono and fluoro its trilene and palomar all the way

Posted Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:47 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links