^ lol yeah he does Laughing

is it just me or does that fish seem to have some trunk butt goin on?

Posted Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:48 pm

stratos1966

sinista

shawneramone

Just trying to knock the fish out?

Neil looks like Vin Diesel in this pic Laughing

Thats a real Rolex on my wrist too

Posted Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:50 pm

sinista

stratos1966

sinista

shawneramone

Makes me miss summer

Posted Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:00 pm

Vin Diesel is overrated!

Posted Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:12 pm

shawneramone

sinista

stratos1966

sinista

shawneramone

Makes me miss summer

Amen to that! I dream of frogs on the lily pads and jigs punching heavy mats......

Posted Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:19 pm

because of the heavy weight and snell knot, a standard hookset will force the jaw open and pop it right out. from what ive seen out there, you should put the butt of the rod into your hip and go with a stout 6 to 12 motion upward. not a snap but a strong upward sweep the weight and motion should be more than enough to set the hook firmly without blasting the jaws open.

Posted Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:02 pm

I'm a Mastah Blastah

Posted Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:05 pm

shawneramone

I'm a Mastah Baitah

Laughing

Posted Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:22 pm

stratos1966

shawneramone

I'm a Mastah Baitah

Laughing

If Neil's comments reek of jealousy I'm not sure what it is when someone goes as far as hacking. I'm leaning towards stalker. Rich, you are my (one of many) stalker

Posted Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:29 pm

shawneramone

I'm a Mastah Blastah

Gotta love the edit your post option

Posted Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:21 pm

biggz53

Im going to be ordering some stuff for punching soon. What is the highest weight you use for punching in MA for tungsten?

The heaviest I use is 1.5 oz. If the vegitation is really thick then I'll pitch the bait high in the air to break it thru.

Neil you use back to back 1.5 oz weights??? That's alot of $$$$ to be pitchin in that thick stuff. God bless ya!

see you soon Very Happy

Posted Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:51 pm

a good XH 8ft rod with a high speed reel and 65lb braid heavy weight skirt heavy flippin hook your favorite plastic and tied on with an improved clinch knot and youll be gettin bass all day

Posted Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:27 pm

kamilfishes

a good XH 8ft rod with a high speed reel and 65lb braid heavy weight skirt heavy flippin hook your favorite plastic and tied on with an improved clinch knot and youll be gettin bass all day

improved clinch + braid =recipe for failure...

Posted Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:53 pm

IROD 7ft11 bub tosh punch rod
65lb powerpro
paycheck baits punch hook
snell knot

I havn't had any trouble with the snell knot at all as far as missing fish, I think it has more to do with the hookset. Sometimes I will use a punch skirt, but most often not. Neil, I know those water chestnuts you are talking about, tough to break through!

Posted Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:12 pm

I snell trokar tk130's when flipping and never had any hook set issues but I've never gone punching and never had more than 3/4 oz bullet weight tied on so not sure if it works the same when punching

Posted Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:23 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links