lhpsnd

Do you have any suggestions Roger?

I've fished Maspenock and Chauncy and like them both. Never fished at the other places, so they'd all be new to me, which is always cool!

Posted Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:04 pm

pocketfisherman

lhpsnd

Do you have any suggestions Roger?

I've fished Maspenock and Chauncy and like them both. Never fished at the other places, so they'd all be new to me, which is always cool!

I meant other than the ponds listed, do you have any you would like to be on the schedule? You've been active in these threads so I thought you would want your voice heard.

As some others mentioned - I like the idea of Saturday T's as well since a lot of other tournaments are scheduled on Sundays.I know I won't be able to fish many of the Sunday ones next year. If people are interested maybe we could put together a Saturday trail seperate from the Sunday trail Rich is running? I could get a few permits. Who would we have to contact to get it listed on the home page?

Posted Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:18 pm

I always like fishing Saturdays. I can't think of any topper ponds off the top of my head right this second. I don't know metro west very well, but have liked most of the places fished through MAFF out that way. Chebacco Lake in Hamilton is another place I like. We've done both big boat and topper tourneys there through MAFF as well..

Posted Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:26 pm

sundays work great for me.upper mill is that where that guy and his wife had that killer bag? all those places seem good to me. the only thing that I have to say negative is some of the smaller ponds, farm, chauncy, sabbattia and so on, are great places to fish but you seem to be combat fishing but whatever just my 2 cents. really looking forward to next year.

Posted Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:00 pm

The "combat fishing" (I love that term)and parking/access is why most of the topper tourneys are kept to a 10 team limit and why so much goes into the thought process of naming and buttoning down locations.

Posted Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:15 pm

yea man I didn't realize how much went into it, its like some second job but no pay kudos rich and all the guys

Posted Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:21 pm

I like the idea of Ashland res. enough achers but not too much, great parking, they supposedly have smallies and it's beautiful.

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:10 am

Great herring is def not a cartopper pond

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:41 am

Would love to see North Pond next year.

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:46 am

anyone know if you can fish Little Quitticas or not? i'm getting mixed reviews here. some people tell me yes and some tell me no.....

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:50 pm

pat23jordan

anyone know if you can fish Little Quitticas or not? i'm getting mixed reviews here. some people tell me yes and some tell me no.....

You cannot. All the BOW in the assawamsette complex except Long Pond are closed to boating unless you live on it

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:07 pm

You are correct and, if you live on it here is the rules as of this year. The boat must be registered in this state as well as registered with the city of Taunton by the OWNER of the boat. The engine cannot exceed 9 hp and must be a four stroke. The boat is inspected at the Taunton Water Plant and a sticker is placed on the boat as well as the engine. The only public fishing is from shore in select areas like bettys neck and on Long point Rd, between the lakes. You can go to the town hall and pick up a map with all of the locations to fish. Hope that helps you

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:46 pm

jfish

yea man I didn't realize how much went into it, its like some second job but no pay kudos rich and all the guys

It can definitely be a thankless job at times!

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:47 pm

biggz53

The ramp we used last time is technically "residents only" The other "ramp" would not allow the aircraft carriers to launch since you have to lift up over boulders to gain access. I will contact the town and see if they would allow us to use the Residents ramp. It may mean we would have to schedule it pre memorial day or post labor day.

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:29 pm

stratos1966

biggz53

The ramp we used last time is technically "residents only" The other "ramp" would not allow the aircraft carriers to launch since you have to lift up over boulders to gain access. I will contact the town and see if they would allow us to use the Residents ramp. It may mean we would have to schedule it pre memorial day or post labor day.

Yeah I was just going to say Ive never had a problem outside of the holday months

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:28 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links