Just curious how early each year everyone gets their fishing license?

I usually wait till at least March since my local fishing hole doesn’t open till April 1st. That and I’m not an ice fisherman(yet) and don’t have a boat. But given the super mild winter we've had so far I couldn’t take it anymore and went ahead and renewed today. Smile I know I probably won’t go out for a few months, but for some reason it’s nice to know I could just grab my gear and head out the door at any time.

So when do you get yours? 12:01am on January 1st, do you wait a while till it gets warm, wait till you the day before the first time you plan to fish, etc? Smile

Posted Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:40 pm

Right before my 1st fishing trip of the year. Literally.
Last year i pulled out of my yard and forgot to get a license,So i ran back in and got one on-line.

Posted Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:06 pm

I already have mine, if i wait i'll forget, damn drugs in the 90's haha

Posted Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:16 pm

most yrs i wait untill ice out. last yr i got it in march. this yr. we were at wakby/mashbe on jan 1st and i had,nt thought about it untill i saw the EP hanging on the beach. that got me a little paranoid. i had one by the next weekend. with the crazzy weather we had and the cape not freezing i just forgot.

Posted Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:25 pm

January 1st for Massachusetts, February for Rhode Island. I try to get them as soon as possible as I tend to just fish..like constantly

Posted Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:51 pm

jwall046

Right before my 1st fishing trip of the year. Literally.
Last year i pulled out of my yard and forgot to get a license,So i ran back in and got one on-line.

Ditto, same here!

Posted Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:26 pm

HAHAHA Jay me too. Last year I bought my New Hampshire license using my iphone on the ride up 93. They sent a confirmation email that I could show if I were asked for it. I'm last minute

Posted Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:00 pm

Laughing

Posted Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:45 am

yeah me too - im so cheap that i want as much time useable as possible - can u do MA license online ?

Posted Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:21 am

Posted Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:48 am

Last week of December Exclamation The way this season is starting, I will be burned out from fishing before most guys even start Exclamation Laughing

Posted Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:20 am

ty sir for online link
Very Happy

Posted Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:55 am

I have two of my four licenses purchased 1-1-12. (NH and Mass). Vt and Maine in the spring. BTW, Nice fishing up north on Winni. 9 inches of ice.

Posted Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:17 pm

[b][b]Funny this came up...I just got mine yesterday 3/9/12...A few months ago I'd commented here on "MAFF" about how I thought the service might be at Walmart in this whole new "arrangement" they have with the State of Massachusetts' fisheries to be the sole "private" provider of gaming licenses...In short I KNEW then the service would SUCK...I just didn't think it would be as bad as yesterday....I'd guessed back then that'd be some teenager who was completely CLUELESS about what wares they offer...turns out it was the 42 yr old department MANAGER...not only DID NOT FISH...but had NO CLUE the Mass lead-free laws had even been in effect !...This was NO kid...this was a 40plus year old guy who by his own admission doesn't fish AT ALL !...I say to him"Hey..you guys are STILL selling ALL KINDSA lead products back there"...he says"Yeah we have some really GREAT stuff...(walmart teach ya t say that there guy?)NITWIT...So I explain to him..."ya know it's ILLEGAL for fisherman to use lead products in Mass now"...to which he said.....wait for it ...wait for it..."Really...I had NO IDEA!So I continue my little "soapbox" by saying..."Wouldn't you think the retail provider of gaming licenses should be versed on the laws that sportsman out in the field are expected to comply to?"....to which he said"Yea I guess"..."I guess"....maybe when the Ranger stops me and says HEY this is LEAD... I can say...well the dude at Walmart sold me the stuff...so it must be ok...maybe not...In addition to some SERIOUSLY SHITTY service I noticed a $1.50 "convenience fee"---I'll tell ya all what...the buck fifty should go to educating Walmart's employees on what the hell their corporate masters have them "pushing"out on the sales floor in sporting goods..
The ONLY reason I can say this whole experience was "convenient" was it just so happens I live an "out-field throw" from it's new "footprint" in Worcester...I can literally hit the building with a baseball...which I think I'll do the minute I post this...I'm gonna use a BIG ROCK instead though hahahahahaha...I for one think this more about keeping a single database for levying fines more swiftly AND not about "convenience" AT ALL !...in the end I look forward to next year when I go into Walmart to find ALL the lead gone(YEA RIGHT)...sometimes it takes a year for BILLIONAIRES to "catch" up with the rest of us in the real world...it's a good thing I didn't ask him how a bait caster worked...he'd have had to break out his "serviceman's manual"...I KNEW this was gonna be just awful...I just had no idea it'd be THIS AWFUL...where's micheal Moore when you need him?

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:09 am

Got mine today. I got the fever!

Posted Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:22 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links