Looks like we have some more competition.

Posted Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:49 am

It must be fun trying to get that jon boat up there.

Posted Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:25 am

Dammit...our tax dollars are payin state cops t' fish now ! ? hahahaha
CLEARLY A RESCUE BOAT...easy guys hahahahahaha no need t' wig out...I'm kidding....<---hands in the air backing away from the "unit" slowly hahahahah rule 1 ya can't taser the fish into the boat? hahahaha

[quote="shawneramone"]Looks like we have some more competition.
[/quote

Posted Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:05 am

charliep

It must be fun trying to get that jon boat up there.

I've got a FOOL PROOF way of getting the new rig on top of my pathfinder in the spring ...'took some thinkin' 'cause I'm SMALL dude...so I came up w/ a chain fall(cable) and wooden rollers---hook the rig to the maple in my yard... back up to the tree ...set 'er up against the backside of the SUV...hand crank up(put a towel over the "roll" of the back of the truck so ya don't scratch up ya s*** ...personally I take ALL features off my pathfinders(I've owned 4 now) for less drag and it works out great for securing a small topper that my racks are off the truck...I use ratchet/straps & BAM ...credit my oldest friend for the idea...he's in a town union---work smarter not harder he says---use a chain fall...hm...no s*** way t' go Eric ! hahahahahaaa

Posted Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:16 am

So how do you get it back on after the tourney? What if you want to fish alone?

Posted Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:47 pm

I am considering one of these...

The only downside is that you have to assemble and reassemble it for transport if you do not have a pick up truck.

Made in the USA

Posted Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:08 pm

The Tracker 10' is 88lbs stripped.Damon and I are going to rig this biotch so the decks come out...I can HULK it up and down if I REALLY have to...the cable rig is just so I can be a lazy bastid about it in my own yard..."smarter not harder...why not just hafta "house it" one way
Besides boats are like trucks...I've been "My buddy with the truck" so many times I should open a moving company...once a few a' my boys realize I've got the boat finding a team-mate shouldn't be a problem...hahahaaa onlyShawn would notice a FATAL FLAW hahahaha

shawneramone

So how do you get it back on after the tourney? What if you want to fish alone?

the rollers should make it easy...flip 'er into the drink and bolt down the decks and motor & batts...no? ALL bad ideas?! hahahahaha

Posted Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:56 pm

I think your going to need a duel wheel truck. that boats so heavy the back tire is about to blow. lol

Posted Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:51 pm

88 lbs huh? Mine weighs 125 according to the specs. I was putting it on my ford focus all summer. Even using a blanket I scratched it all up. I'm getting a hitch and a trailer before next season

Posted Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:58 pm

cant take credit for this...Chuck of the landlords brought up using shower mats, to not scrap up your car. They would stick right on and stay put.

Posted Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:03 pm

Shawn'O...you have a 14'er?15'er? the 10'er is listed at USA Marine as 88LBz...SUV's RULE Shawn...get a Pathfinder/Armada...ford focus?! hhahahahahah throw that up on the truck with the boat too! hahahaha...I backed over one of those @ a mall once<----not really

K-Man...chuck is a GENIUS...i hear he once put a 55lb thruster on a 2" x 6" x 10' plank and still had a FULL BAG at 2pm.! Maybe he could teach The Powder Blue Ninja some balancing techniques ?

shawneramone

88 lbs huh? Mine weighs 125 according to the specs. I was putting it on my ford focus all summer. Even using a blanket I scratched it all up. I'm getting a hitch and a trailer before next season

Posted Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:22 am

ive used hot water pipe insolation way back in the day. ya gota get the good stuff. the cheep stuff will levave some scratches (armor flex) workes well

Posted Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:22 am

How 'bout "one step further"?
I'm thinking of taping off the "roll" @ the top/back section of the truck...body man's tape(envision a 4"-6" sections that runs the entire back width...after masking the area off...one COULD use that new spray rubber to seal that area COMPLETELY---I wouldn't exactly suggest this for a vehicle still in "finance" though ...and donate any of the extra spray sealer for the "Muffin-Man SCUBA team"hahahahahaa

basshunter62

ive used hot water pipe insolation way back in the day. ya gota get the good stuff. the cheep stuff will levave some scratches (armor flex) workes well

Posted Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:47 am

http://directboats.com/nbh.html
this is my boat. I have a Mitsubishi Outlander. I bought it last year and didn't want to rough it up by trying to get a boat on and off the roof. I shoulda made more of an effort to get a hitch and trailer but I was too busy fishing. The focus was perfect. I could slide that thing right up onto the racks no problem. I probably would have done less damage if I cared a little more. I only used that car for fishing and boy did it stink. I cleaned it all in the fall and now it will sit in my driveway. You see I didn't trade it in to try to force my wife to get her license so I wouldn't have to drive her around all the time. That didn't happen. I brought up selling it and she's like no I want it...ok? My son will be 16 in 2 years. It'll make a good first car.

Posted Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:53 am

shawneramone

http://directboats.com/nbh.html
this is my boat. I have a Mitsubishi Outlander. I bought it last year and didn't want to rough it up by trying to get a boat on and off the roof. I shoulda made more of an effort to get a hitch and trailer but I was too busy fishing. The focus was perfect. I could slide that thing right up onto the racks no problem. I probably would have done less damage if I cared a little more. I only used that car for fishing and boy did it stink. I cleaned it all in the fall and now it will sit in my driveway. You see I didn't trade it in to try to force my wife to get her license so I wouldn't have to drive her around all the time. That didn't happen. I brought up selling it and she's like no I want it...ok? My son will be 16 in 2 years. It'll make a good first car.

OK...first don't do that to your son ! hahahahahaaa his friends will be calling he "Le-George""Smelly-Car"<---Seinfeld references... 2ndly how can your son be 14 when your wife is under the driving age? hahahaha dude...my ol man said t' me once..."once you've jumped into an LZ with fire-fighting ALL AROUND YOU...the right to drive doesn't seem to mean that much anymore" NEVER ONCE had a lisc. guys...'dies at 68 this year and NEVER DROVE ....got his fishing lisc EVERY YEAR THOUGH the SOB! ! ! unreal huh?he also wisely NEVER had the assc. bills of a car either...
-----she loves you Shawn...either that or you married Peggy Bundy hahahahahaaaa

Posted Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:38 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links