hey guys I just started looking for a car topper and I,m clueless on what are poor to good or excellent. I found a 8 ft coleman perch for
$ 400 two seater or 500 with a 55lb motor. I know there are a lot of you guys with toppers so can you chime in and let me know what you think of this or let me know what you have and are you happy with it . this looks very clean. but clean don't float

Posted Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:20 pm

sounds like a good deal to me but check this deal out first Wink lol

http://www.mafishfinder.com/phpBB2/for-sale-tracker-1236-package-t9066.html

Posted Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:22 pm

its a little more then I wanted to spend, but ya hav everything. what is the weight and how long is it

Posted Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:44 pm

Lol sorry I had to throw it out there hahaha! Its a 12 foot tracker, the boat itself weighs 130 without anything attached. Paid 1800 for everything brand new in march but I don't get out in it enough to.make it worthwhile . If you end up being interested pm me but if its more than u wanna spend I more than understand. I wanted to buy used also but after 3 people deciding they actually didn't wanna sell after all and one guy on craigslist that said he sold it ten minutes before I called him I said screw it and took some of my tax return on a day trip to basspro shop and left with brand new everything lol

Posted Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:35 am

130 sounds heavy but its distributed well, the 4 times I had to load it myself I just used a borrowed 2 wheeler to get it to my cherokee and just put the bow up first then lifted the transom and slid it up there no issues. With 2 people its a breeze

Posted Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:39 am

One thing to take a close look at on one of those boats is the rear corners. If the owner dragged it a lot or dropped it that's where the first holes will usually appear. I've been seriously considering selling mine. I have a 9'6 Bass Hunter. I was thinking 400 was about what I'd get for it. It's only 2 years old. The extra foot and a half on those kind of boats is huge. They can get cramped up in a hurry with 2 guys and gear.

Posted Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:46 am

jimmy, are you using a trailer? bassinbrooksy is offering a pretty nice deal all said and done. those boats really don't weigh that much b/c of what he said...the weight distribution. i have that modified topper and can haul it around myself for the most part.

i used to have the 8' basshunter and the plastic isn't as durable as it seems. i got a big hole in the very back corner in the worst possible spot. i did patch it up and fish out of it for a year with 0 leaks. the best part about those pontoon style boats are the stability and they're easy to transport, especially if it's just you.

Posted Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:11 am

I don't know what a coleman perch is. Have you looked on Craigs list for a coleman crawdad? They are as light as you are going to get. I have one and I can load it and unload it in the back of my pick up by myself.They don't make them like this anymore. A good used one by itself should run you $200- $250. I found mine in Southern NH this spring. Thing was practically new and the guy was the original owner. Told me how he put it together in his garage. here is a pic of a crawdad

Posted Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:13 am

someone here was trying to sell one for a long time. those things pop up from time to time.

Posted Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:17 am

I would like to thank you guys who put ur 2 cents in on the car topper thread I had going. I an still un decided on a crawadad/perch/bass hunter brooksbys float has every thing I would want except for the weight. having 3 compressed discs in my back. I was hopeing for somthing a little lighter. so I,ll keep looking. I realy like the idea of the crawdad set up for the stability. and now wondering about the durability of the plastic models

so tnks again to all

Posted Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:57 pm

jimmy i'm pretty sure the crawdad weighs more with nothing in it than a tracker topper does so keep that in mind. the 12' weighs 87 lbs.

Posted Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:55 pm

tnks sam. I looked up a bass hunter1236 2013 said it was 111 LBS and that seems manageable exp with 2 persons so not sure if this boat was a leftover from 2012 with a 20 LB difference. do u hav a 12 foot boat and if so how does it fit in the Tacoma as far as the wheel, wells.i hav a 6 ft bed add on prob. 2 ft for the tail gate. if im right the 1236 means 12ftx3 ft and I think its a 52 inch beam (top of boat)???
so jon says his is 133LB.(just trying to figure where the xtra 20lbs came from (maybe I looked up a 10 footer)

Posted Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:44 pm

yeah his 1236 is wider and heavier. i have the 1232. not sure about the extra 52" beam fitting in a truck bed. i have a good amount of room though. maybe he can comment on that. and there's no problem with it sticking way out the back. mine sticks out about 4" and i just make sure to use 2 heavy straps and throw on the warning flag.

Posted Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:18 pm

Try this one. Seems very reasonably priced and was just posted today! I wouldn't hesitate. Someone is gonna scoop it up quick!

http://nh.craigslist.org/boa/3914007315.html

Posted Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:45 pm

Coleman Crawdad bass boat, 30 pound thrust trolling motor & more - $375 (Concord NH)
and more? that must mean the one and a half oars that should be burned and the 6 foot section of dry rotted rope.
The boat itself is ok at best I wouldn't pay a dime over 200 for that package unless you are really wanting to get out on the water then maybe 250. My teammate picked up his crawdad w/ trailer, Motor, fish finder, and anchor all for 250. Plus it was already decked out with carpeted plywood and upgraded seats. Look often and act fast
that's how you get a good deal.

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:46 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links