Damon=Aquaman

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:22 am

Congrats on another win.
Sounds like it was a tough weekend all around at other tourneys too.

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:44 am

It was a grind for sure. I only caught the one keeper and I was throwing a deep diving crank on a medium light rod. That was a lot of work but it paid off. I hate not having the right tool for the job so I went and bought a cranking rod

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:48 am

what was the main pattern for the day?

Posted Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:34 pm

There really wasn't one. My partner got 3 on spinnerbaits early. I threw all of my squarebill cranks, swim jigs with and without rattles, texas rigged creature baits, spinnerbaits and a 7" MS Slammer. I didn't catch a bass until 12:45. I got him on a deep diving rapala dt16 in about 10 ft of water.

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:55 am

Our 5 fish came on 4 different baits. 2 rats on the slammer, one on a buzzjet,one on a rattletrap and one on the scotty rig.

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:05 am

Our 4 came on two baits, one on the World Famous Ken Haskins Chigger Craw and he other 3 on the drop shot , missed a fifth on the drop shot that close to ripped the rod out of my hand when it hit, cut 10 lb braid clean more than likely it was a pickrel

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:55 am

the only real pattern was you had to be deep. Our 2 came on a lipless crank shad color in 8-10 ft of water.

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:06 am

How did gift horse not get lunker

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:48 am

jbigun

Here is why , we included the weight of the bag itself in the TOTAL BAG WEIGHT, but when we weighed the Lunkers we weighed them out of the bag so in essence everyteams bag is actually a POUND LESS than the actual standings, since gift horse only weighed one fish to keep things fair I kept the bag weight included

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:55 am

sinista

jbigun

Here is why , we included the weight of the bag itself in the TOTAL BAG WEIGHT, but when we weighed the Lunkers we weighed them out of the bag so in essence everyteams bag is actually a POUND LESS than the actual standings, since gift horse only weighed one fish to keep things fair I kept the bag weight included

This will not be an issue next year we are switching to a table top scale like every other bass orginazation uses (notice I didnt say club) to eliminate issues like this, as well as to make the process of weighing in more efficent.

I would also recommend that every team purchase a weigh bag , so come weigh in time the fish are bagged , teams form a line, we weigh , snap pics and release the fish, less stress on the fish and the group as a whole

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:01 am

you said bag

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:04 am

Great news about the table top scale next season!!! The bag and scale method was fun to watch though Laughing

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:31 am

jbigun

Great news about the table top scale next season!!! The bag and scale method was fun to watch though Laughing

Oh ya and absolute blast being the guy holding the bag and scale while 5 members surround it to prevent the wind from spinning it in circles!!

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:08 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links