kamilfishes

for me its an improved clinch knot for any type line ive never had the knot break off on a fish or snag

I stopped tying this knot on braid because it came undone. A couple of times.

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:34 pm

kamilfishes

for me its an improved clinch knot for any type line ive never had the knot break off on a fish or snag

i dont know anyone including myself that has tryed a clinch or improved clinch with braid that actually stayed tight. mono sure although i never use it anymore and as for fluoro i wont trust anything other than trilene knot but the improved clinch on braid just does not work ....

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:35 pm

shawneramone

kamilfishes

It's all I tied with braid, might as well be welded on.

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:49 pm

ejoy

shawneramone

kamilfishes

I always tied that knot with braid too. Until I lost 3 plugs in a row striper fishing. The line was just sliding through the knot.

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:52 pm

ejoy

shawneramone

kamilfishes

you are literally the first ive ever heard that has had an improved clinch hold tight with braid lol. i dont believe it unless i see it with my own two eyes haha. not being a dick lol so please dont take offense i just dont know how, you must have incredible luck in which case you should be playing the lottery. every time i ever tryed it with braid 98% of the time it would come undone while cinching it down tight and the other 2% came undone either while casting or while fighting a fish. man is it dissapointing to see a fish swim away with your brand new spook Sad

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:47 pm

its actually because of this that i was forced to learn the uni knot and later the palomar knot because they were the only 2 i could get to stay put with braid, i now pretty much only use palomar and double palomar on braid favoring it over the uni simply for ease of tying

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:49 pm

Improvised snell on punch and flipping palomar on everything else , you can still walk the dog it just requires a little more skill not to mention its one of if not the fastest knot to tie ( for me anyway) on the water

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:19 pm

I've been using the Crazy Alberto braid to fluoro. Love it!

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:13 am

Palomar for most things. Trilene knot for certian cranks/topwaters. For floro thought I had a knot (after issues with the Palomar)think it was called a smash knot but it has failed a couple times now after a long run of no issues. Though that could be OE going to pratice it bit before nxt trip out.

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:46 pm

Most bass fishing Polamar Knot, for crankbaits topwater lures and trout fishing with lures I use the Rapala Knot, attaching lines of equal sizes I use the Uni to Uni Knot...

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:00 pm

I did tried using improved clinch knot. It is not my thing and it is same result as other people saying. They comes loose when fish is on.

In my option, Uni knot is one of easiest knot to do and pretty quickly to fix it for most of people. I am personally prefer snell and trilene knot more than any of knots.

bti111- I loved use crazy alberto knot on braid-wire for striper. Never had any fail on me.

kamilfishes - you must has tons of luck to tied that kind of knot.

sinista - I agree with you improvised snell knot is one of my fastest tied on instead other kind of knots too.

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:49 pm

For mono I use a uni knot for most situation only because I can tie it fast and with my eyes closed. Great for when I'm night fishing. I use an improved clinch knot here and there but it takes too much time to tie so I end up going back to the uni.

When I'm fishing dry flies I like tie on a non-slip mono knot to give it more action.

Plenty of good knots out there my advice is to learn to tie one knot well so that you're comfortable with and don't forget to wet your knots.

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:51 pm

bassinbrooksy

ejoy

shawneramone

kamilfishes

you are literally the first ive ever heard that has had an improved clinch hold tight with braid lol. i dont believe it unless i see it with my own two eyes haha. not being a dick lol so please dont take offense i just dont know how, you must have incredible luck in which case you should be playing the lottery. every time i ever tryed it with braid 98% of the time it would come undone while cinching it down tight and the other 2% came undone either while casting or while fighting a fish. man is it dissapointing to see a fish swim away with your brand new spook Sad

I'll make a video of how I tie it and upload it to youtube. Literally never had one come undone, seems crazy to me to hear others having the line come un-tied!

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 10:21 am

palomar for just about everything for me, ill use a reverse clinch for spinnerbaits just for convenience never had either of those knots fail for me. both are super quick to tie.

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 1:31 pm

I, too, use a standard clinch knot on braid (pro braid, super 8 slick, fireline) without an issue. I use modified albright/alberto for braid to leader. I use orvis knot for tying flies to tippet although it would work as a palomar replacement too, though palomar is probably a tad easier to tie.

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 1:39 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links