kizel13

John Im willing to help with any organization you need. Its tough with the saturdays but if we are going to mix it up ill help with all sundays i just bought a new yak! we should should get a bunch of ppl together one last time just for shits and gigs.

One possibility for this would be to fish Dudley Pond on a Sunday finish up before the Pats game if its 1 and there is a bar/restaurant in the same lot as the ramp.

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:05 am

biggz53

kizel13

John Im willing to help with any organization you need. Its tough with the saturdays but if we are going to mix it up ill help with all sundays i just bought a new yak! we should should get a bunch of ppl together one last time just for shits and gigs.

One possibility for this would be to fish Dudley Pond on a Sunday finish up before the Pats game if its 1 and there is a bar/restaurant in the same lot as the ramp.

I would def be interested

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:25 am

I'm out for this Sunday, have other plans with the family. Sorry.

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:11 pm

berkleegrad

It doesn't necessarily have to be this week I'm fishing the MAFF finals anyway. Plus it's a 4pm game when I get a chance I'll check out the schedule

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:29 pm

biggz53

berkleegrad

It doesn't necessarily have to be this week I'm fishing the MAFF finals anyway. Plus it's a 4pm game when I get a chance I'll check out the schedule

I'd be interested in fishing this if the timing works out.

I've been wanting to fish dudley.

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:51 pm

NORTON RES IS A GREAT PLAY FOR A YAK TOUR AND PRODUCES BIG FISH

Posted Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:33 pm

NORTON RES IS A GREAT PLAY FOR A YAK TOUR AND PRODUCES BIG FISH

Posted Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:34 pm

berkleegrad

I'm beginning to think about putting together a schedule for next season's kayak tourneys and I need your input. Here are the locations we fished in 2012:

1. Charles River (off Woerd Ave, Waltham)
2. A1/Stump Pond
3. Sudbury River, Fairhaven Bay
4. Ponkapoag
5. Lake Shirley

Suggested Sites:

1. Dudley Pond
2. Big Sandy
3. Attitash
4. Lake Boone
5. East Monponsett

Number of tournaments - thinking 10 would be a good number, same as cartoppers, held every other week.

Saturdays or Sundays - We could continue with Saturdays to avoid conflicts with the other tourneys. Alternately, we could schedule them on Sundays for the same weekends as the big boats (but different location) , but I know a number of the toppers also compete in those tourneys.

Number of boats - I am inclined to keep the number of boats at 10 for now. We can revisit this when we start seeing a waiting list.

Rules changes - I think that the rules worked out well this year. The only amendment I am making is to set a minimum fish size of 1lb. I will entertain any other suggestions for rules revisions that you think would improve the tourneys.

Bonus fish - many of the locations we fished contain other good sport fish. For example, I hauled in a 36" pike and a decent catfish at Fairhaven and a 24"+ pickerel at both Ponkapoag and Charles River. Would anyone be interested in including other fish into the tournaments? We could do this in several ways 1) set up a side pot or a second lunker prize or 2) establish a points system to award bonus points for nice examples of other species. The points system would allow you to add the weight of your other species to your bag. Just thinking.

Posted Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:36 pm

Schedule looks great, Id add in Nortor Res as well, place is real nice if the wind isnt ripping

Posted Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:48 pm

I think Hopedale would be good for us Yakers too.

I think early in the season would be best because of the outrageous weed growth.

Posted Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:02 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links