ok I will put it back on topic....... I think 12 inch is a keeper in MA so it should be a keeper in any tourney held in this state.

Posted Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:18 pm

berkleegrad

this thread has now officially been hijacked!

OH NO ITS THE BIG BOATERS AND THE CARTOPPERS EVERYBODY RUN!!!!

welcome to MAFF where even the most detailed instructions in HUGE RED LETTERS somehow never get read

Posted Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:25 pm

I don't mind hosting tourneys you don't need to take it all on your self, if put out there people will step up. If you come in with a tape measure or box with a 12 inch ruler we don't need to calibrate anything.

Posted Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:42 pm

So the suggestion is that we make a rule that any fish under 1lb must include a photo clearly showing the length, and we trust that everyone is using a legit measurement device, is that right?

Still sounds like more trouble than it's worth. Simpler just to limit submissions to 1lb or more...but the tournaments belong to the participants so we'll use the democratic process. What do other's think?

Posted Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:54 am

If you have a ruler or tape measure or box with 12 inches marked by the manufacturer it's sufficient. A lot of potentially tournament changing fish could be tossed out because of this rule. If you are stuck at 4 fish all day and finally nab a 15 oz 12 inch fish that is a HUGE swing.

Posted Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:36 am

John thanks again for taking the lead on this whole thing - as Bobby said, I too would be more than willing to "host" an event. If you reach out there will be others that may as well.

Initially I agreed with the 1lb limit, but after thinking about it more, I would rather go with a 12" limit - as jjbagoose mentioned, I assumed everyone was checking their fish anyways. Keeps it similar to all other tournaments this way.

I have a golf tournament in Stow on Friday, so I'm going to hit up Boon before I hit the links - another possible location for next year?

Posted Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:54 am

mainiac

John thanks again for taking the lead on this whole thing - as Bobby said, I too would be more than willing to "host" an event. If you reach out there will be others that may as well.

Initially I agreed with the 1lb limit, but after thinking about it more, I would rather go with a 12" limit - as jjbagoose mentioned, I assumed everyone was checking their fish anyways. Keeps it similar to all other tournaments this way.

I have a golf tournament in Stow on Friday, so I'm going to hit up Boon before I hit the links - another possible location for next year?

great place thats for sure, I have an inside connection to park and launch from a house on the lake (and it is not Valpey from arrogant anglers) let me know if you guys need any assistance putting this one together

Posted Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:45 pm

sinista

great place thats for sure, I have an inside connection to park and launch from a house on the lake (and it is not Valpey from arrogant anglers) let me know if you guys need any assistance putting this one together

That's awesome! We should definitely do Boone next year.

Posted Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:59 pm

Thanks for the offer Neil, I'm sure we will take you up on it once we get the schedule firmed up for next season.

Posted Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:49 pm

I want to keep this thread on the front page. I need the kayakers to help me figure this out for next year so we can keep it going.

Posted Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:27 am

Just me begging but is there any way if we add boone to the list it could be a sunday tourney Smile haha

Posted Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:21 am

East monponsett might be kinda cool too since the yaks could easily launch at the public ramp on west and its like a minute or two paddle to the bridge. That in a kayak would be very easy to fit under.

Posted Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:25 am

Well I am ok with whatever is established as a Rules Guide.

I am pleased that John has run the events and can say from a standpoint of being on call 24/7 I will not be able to support the Management of our Yackers Tourney's.. (sorry)

I am sure that what ever location and who ever organizes them will be fine with all of us. Might I suggest that we have a back up organizer for John in the event he is unable to make it sometime for what ever reason? Seems like a good backup plan.

Let's hear your view points.

PJ
(Rick)

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:56 pm

sinista

mainiac

LOL, sounds like Neil is befriending at least one person who lives at each body of water that we fish at, just because.......

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:18 pm

John Im willing to help with any organization you need. Its tough with the saturdays but if we are going to mix it up ill help with all sundays i just bought a new yak! we should should get a bunch of ppl together one last time just for shits and gigs.

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:01 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links