angler21

Some of us have been enjoying the Winter Season Very Happy !!!

I am getting sick of the snow and can't wait to work on my baitcasting skills in open water. But for now...I see a couple more ice outings in the near future....possibly including this afternoon!

You can practice on the ice. Take a spinner bait or something with you and throw at a hole 20 then 30 then 40 then 7000 feet out. Heck, Dan taught me how to pitch a jig in February years ago off of his 2nd floor deck. That was fun.

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:05 am

Knowing Jeff, he'd probably catch a 6 pounder while practicing

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:13 am

sadly enough i'm going to practice thumbing the spool in my apartment while watching tv.

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:30 am

You should keep that stuff to yourself Sam

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:35 am

shawneramone

I wish I could embrace it but I'm just not a cold weather person

Ditto! I have been trying for 28 years to get my wife to move south. I may have finally broken through, she started asking me questions the other day about where and how we'd pull it off. I almost fainted! We'll see where this goes.

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:30 pm

haha i don't have a yard or anywhere to really practice anything and my goal is to learn how to skip with a baitcaster this year so i gotta make do with whatever i have.

Edit. Definitely did not mean that in a sick and twisted way haha

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:36 pm

blackgts2002

angler21

Some of us have been enjoying the Winter Season Very Happy !!!

I am getting sick of the snow and can't wait to work on my baitcasting skills in open water. But for now...I see a couple more ice outings in the near future....possibly including this afternoon!

You can practice on the ice. Take a spinner bait or something with you and throw at a hole 20 then 30 then 40 then 7000 feet out. Heck, Dan taught me how to pitch a jig in February years ago off of his 2nd floor deck. That was fun.

Great advice bud...I'll definately try that my next ice outing. I honestly usually bring a sandwedge and a couple golf balls but sometimes that's a pain in the ass to chase. I like the idea you suggested! It's a great way to pass time by in between lunkers Laughing

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:49 pm

roger where are you thinking of moving to? i can't stand the snow anymore.

and i have so much gear in my place and my gf hates it. i get a look any time i'm organizing tackle or doing any work on rods or reels.

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:16 pm

I told my son yesterday that we were moving to Louisiana. He got all pissed off and said he was staying in Everett. When I relayed that to my wife she said "looks like your going alone". Dammit

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:29 pm

Sam, I've been eying the Carolinas for many years. I even went down and checked out houses and a job lead, but didn't take advantage of it back then in the 90's. My wife has family in South Carolina and her sister and uncle and aunt want to go down there, which would be my only hope at her making the jump too.

Who knows what will happen, but a lot of things have to fall into place in order to make it so. Oh and my two oldest boys have told me they won't go if we do, but oh well. They are 26 and 24, so they are adults now and can do what they want. Like I said, everything would have to fall into place and I just don't have that kind of luck!

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:21 am

dude, you have a 26 year old????? how is that possible what you have him when you were like 13? i don't peg you for being 35 let alone over 40 bro.

my wife tells me all the time if i want to move south to go for it, lol
(alone)

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:10 am

MY BOY BOBBY LIVES IN SOUTH CAROLINA AND HE SAYS IT SUCKS FOR LAKES AND PONDS BETTER LOOK SOME MORE ROGER HA HA

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:34 am

MY BOY BOBBY LIVES IN SOUTH CAROLINA AND HE SAYS IT SUCKS FOR LAKES AND PONDS BETTER LOOK SOME MORE ROGER HA HA

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:35 am

haha i am thinking of installing a ice breaker on the bow and just rip her open

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:45 pm

skoda

haha i am thinking of installing a ice breaker on the bow and just rip her open

DO IT!!!!

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:47 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links