I've heard the Cape is open

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:35 am

shawneramone

Encouraging....batteries charging now...

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:37 am

Thinking Upper Mill Pond in couple weeks...!!!

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:03 pm

Johns had sheet ice on it this morning, probably gone by the end of the day today. Wequaquet was still iced over, Long Pond Harwich was iced over but was real thin. Made it on to Wakeby at around 1, broke through some sheet ice at the ramp to open water. It was completely open by the end of the day today.

Posted Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:44 pm

Catch anything?

Posted Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:50 pm

Hope springs eternal!

Posted Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:59 pm

shawneramone

Catch anything?

Negative, only fished for a couple hours after driving all around the cape in search for the elusive open water lol. Im not too familiar with wakeby so I was just blind casting with the jerkbait. To get after the smallies this time of year you really need to find the gravel points/humps near deep water and with no electronics I was just gambling. It was nice to get out there and dial in the new gear though, so im happy.

Posted Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:35 pm

mikee7117

shawneramone

Catch anything?

Negative, only fished for a couple hours after driving all around the cape in search for the elusive open water lol. Im not too familiar with wakeby so I was just blind casting with the jerkbait. To get after the smallies this time of year you really need to find the gravel points/humps near deep water and with no electronics I was just gambling. It was nice to get out there and dial in the new gear though, so im happy.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm jealous that you were even on a boat casting. I was just looking at youtube videos from Mashpee. Not much in the way of fishing. I was there once last summer. Had a great day.

Posted Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:41 pm

it was defiantly weird it was such a cold windless night that some ponds on cape got skim ice on them i know for a fact that jenkins pond is open because i live right down the road from it and i fished Parker pond today with no luck and that was clear of almost all ice peters pond is all thawed out except for the main launch area but there is the second on across the pond!!

Posted Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:46 pm

Good news Shawn, another 6-8" of heavy snow tonight!

Posted Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:05 am

I'm not even surprised...this sucks

Posted Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:10 am

Patience young grasshopper. You'll be out on the water in no time.

Of course having that new, awesome, fully charged up and ready to go, tricked out & pimped out aircraft carrier sitting in your garage doesn't make things any easier. Oh wait, did that just make it worse? Oops Laughing

Posted Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:49 am

I have a grasshopper lure

Posted Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:32 am

There's a stretch on the charles river in dover i plan on casting from shore this weekend, i can't wait just to go. this blows!

Posted Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:51 am

shawneramone

you have heard correctly

Posted Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:40 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links