chuckh

Quiet so far...only purchased 2 rods. A crankbait and flipping/punch rod.
Still undecided on a new jerk bait stick. The new Curado will be out next month, so I'll take a look when that is available.

loomis? cumara? i have a cumara cranking rod and it's solid.

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:28 pm

samf

chuckh

Quiet so far...only purchased 2 rods. A crankbait and flipping/punch rod.
Still undecided on a new jerk bait stick. The new Curado will be out next month, so I'll take a look when that is available.

loomis? cumara? i have a cumara cranking rod and it's solid.

I needed something to throw big deep divers so I went with a
glx 957.
The flipping stick is a 13 fishing envy 7' 11". I thought it was worth a try because it's built on a 40 ton Toray blank.
Once I get it balanced it should do a fine job. If not, look for it in the classifieds. hahaha

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:09 pm

lhpsnd

Just joking Sam but I did get raise at work, my title sponsor Very Happy

Chuck - looking forward to seeing that new curado. Hoping Shimano gets it right this time.

It looks like they got it right this time. It's silver like the D's. It also looks like it might be an aluminum version of the ci4.

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:16 pm

where can i see the specs on this bad boy?

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:17 pm

lhpsnd

Kamil - the tournament you are referring to on the St. Lawrence is not the fish offs, it's the BASS Eastern divisional which is an even better opportunity, especially at your age. Best of luck in both tournaments.

thats what the email theu sent me said but thats even better. Thanks bud

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:22 pm

I'm loosing my friggin mind!!!!

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:37 pm

Yo Musky! I think I will play that day and as soon as the ice here in the south coast gets safe plan on a big adventure road trip!

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:02 pm

samf

where i see the specs on this bad boy?

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:25 pm

kamilfishes

Got the official email the other day. I am going to be fishing the high school championship sometime in july on a lake in kentucky or Tennessee and I am on turbans state team so I will be fishing the fish off on the st Lawrence river in new York on sept 25-26 and the 26th just happens to be my birthday. Doesnt he much better than that

Good luck! If you ever make the pros I will pick you every week in fantasy fishing!

Anyone up for Fantasy Fishing? Season starts soon.

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

oh the metanium. i've looked but it has a hefty price tag haha

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:48 pm

samf

where can i see the specs on this bad boy?

Not sure if the specs are legit but its an entertaining read over on BBC

http://www.bbcboards.net/bbc-lounge/444957-new-shimano-curado-6.html

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:28 pm

nice. i actually just saw that a little earlier. i'm going to see how everything plays out. same with the ci4+. i'll have to see what the real max drag is since i need 1 more real with lockdown

i like abu but their gen 3 winch has the crappiest handles. it's a joke. i'd rather pay more up front than have to buy separate components. and i feel like the drag on one of my STX is spotty.

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:41 pm

I just picked up a DX 704c and a shimano ci4+ 7:6-1 and the reel is butter and extremely smooth.

I sold my loomis NRX so I have some cash in the paypal to pick up a few of the new curados when the come out.

Posted Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:55 am

I ordered a ram mount for thr hds 5 that I don't have yet

Posted Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:30 am

shawneramone

I ordered a ram mount for thr hds 5 that I don't have yet

Good thinking - now you have to buy the HDS! I just scooped up an older GLX on BBC now I guess I just have to buy a new curado to go with it.

Posted Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:00 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links