stratos1966

No shore fishermen, no kayaks. Boat with livewells only please.

Thats not to say that the shore guys and the yak guys can't start their own grudge match

Well you just sucked the fun out of the whole thing. Confused

Yaks rule

Posted Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:05 pm

bloomagoo

stratos1966

Thats not to say that the shore guys and the yak guys can't start their own grudge match

Yaks rule

Sorry man, it's just that with Yaks you are kind of limited to 1 fish at a time unless you plan on dragging a 70qt cooler behind your yak

Posted Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:22 pm

bloomagoo

stratos1966

Yaks rule

To bad they couldn't follow the same rules as the more professional, less amateurish yak tourneys like the striper shoot-outs on NEKF that attract hundreds and thousands and just photo and release the fish rather than bring 'em all in for the weigh-in. There'd be far less dead or dying and stressed out fish for reproducing the big-uns, and the fishermen can focus more on fishing than live-well maintenance. With today's technology the cameras are almost cheaper and easier and less time consuming to use and maintain than live wells, and you're left with something far more to show for it.

Last edited by tacklesmith on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

Posted Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:31 pm

fishermanmike

im down but i really liked the format this year. can we do both?

Yes Mike. It's my intention to do both. I'm thinking a scaled back version of the car toppers ( less of them) and the grudge match.This will free up some weekends for guys to do their own thing or even throw together a "pick up" car topper.

Instead of a car topper every other weekend for a total of 12, maybe we do 1 a month from March to October for a total of 8. Maybe do 2 in April and 2 in June or something like that and that would get us up to 9 or 10 with no TOC. I know I missed "just fishing". All I did was tournaments on weekends. i had to take a vacation day to "just fish"

I have some ideas and will put up a thread in a couple weeks once the big boat TOC and the harwich open are over. I'm looking for positive discussion and input from everyone.

Posted Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:35 pm

some good ideas there rich. i missed out on fun fishing last year and it sort of sucked. every so often i'll go out and have a "tournament." whether we weigh the fish or just take a picture of our biggest one for bragging rights, it's fun. win or lose, i've at least gotten free coffee every time.

Posted Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:44 pm

I love this idea rich i think it would be a lot of fun and very interesting

Posted Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:16 pm

Sounds like it could be a good time Rich..

Posted Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:10 pm

Free coffee???? Awesome!!!

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:05 am

i would be in

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:22 am

Hey Rich whats going on? You're going back to what you were running away from.

Posted Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:26 pm

stratos1966

fishermanmike

Yes Mike. It's my intention to do both. I'm thinking a scaled back version of the car toppers ( less of them) and the grudge match.This will free up some weekends for guys to do their own thing or even throw together a "pick up" car topper.

Instead of a car topper every other weekend for a total of 12, maybe we do 1 a month from March to October for a total of 8. Maybe do 2 in April and 2 in June or something like that and that would get us up to 9 or 10 with no TOC. I know I missed "just fishing". All I did was tournaments on weekends. i had to take a vacation day to "just fish"

I have some ideas and will put up a thread in a couple weeks once the big boat TOC and the harwich open are over. I'm looking for positive discussion and input from everyone.

Rich, is your idea separate from/in addition to the MAFF cartopper tourney trail or as a replacement? I like the idea in general, but separate from the regular trail, which for at the present time at least I plan on returning to next season.

Posted Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:46 pm

tacklesmith

bloomagoo

stratos1966

Yaks rule

To bad they couldn't follow the same rules as the more professional, less amateurish yak tourneys like the striper shoot-outs on NEKF that attract hundreds and thousands and just photo and release the fish rather than bring 'em all in for the weigh-in. There'd be far less dead or dying and stressed out fish for reproducing the big-uns, and the fishermen can focus more on fishing than live-well maintenance. With today's technology the cameras are almost cheaper and easier and less time consuming to use and maintain than live wells, and you're left with something far more to show for it.

I wish I could "like" this.

Posted Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:47 pm

pocketfisherman

stratos1966

fishermanmike

Rich, is your idea separate from/in addition to the MAFF cartopper tourney trail or as a replacement? I like the idea in general, but separate from the regular trail, which for at the present time at least I plan on returning to next season.

Separate Roger and in addition to. I'm going to throw up a thread in a month or so with ideas and asking for discussion. I think the grudge match can be Lots of fun.

Posted Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Excellent, I like the sound of that!

Posted Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:46 pm

bump... lets keep the discussion going and get some more interest

Posted Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:19 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links